The battery builders club

If someone here has a 10s llt bms could you please post your parameter settings. Yesterday I scrolled through the app and it could be that I accidently changed one or two parameters by mistake.
I found the default settings on llt webpage but I thought I would check with you guys aswell

Post you settingsā€¦

Thatā€™s our specialty :grin:

We currently only have 12s4p posted, but we will be posting 10s4p very soon.

5 Likes

Iā€™d love to get one but 650 is wayy to much for the buget build i want to make :smiling_face_with_tear: ā€¦ and i also want to learn to build realatively big liion packs so ā€¦ :person_shrugging:

In that case, one of our comprehensive battery building kits might be better suited for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

They include everything you need to build a battery just like the ones well sell, other than cells and tools. Thereā€™s also a comprehensive instruction guide that goes with it, so itā€™s an easy and fun building experience.

They will be going live this week, and should be much more in your price range.

9 Likes

The duck precut nickel is great to use. Such a timesaver and makes for a tidy pack.

8 Likes

false advertising

3 Likes

What are you actually looking for specifically? Your expectations seem completely unreasonable. Unless youā€™re looking for a pack using extremely cheap cells you seem to be wanting someone to build you a pack for free. Molicel P42A are basically the standard cell that most people use. They can be had for ~$5 a cell. That means $200 in just cells. Add in nickel, fishpaper, tape, connectors, bms and youā€™re already at or above the price youā€™re trying to buy a whole pack for. You should expect to pay about $5 per cell for assembly on the cheap end. That comes to looking at about $500 for a 10s4p pack on the low end.

You havenā€™t really stated why you want 10s4p or what your expectations are. If you can find a 10s4p pack for ~$250 it is practically 100% guaranteed itā€™s crap unless you find someone selling one used. With the quality of the pack, youā€™d get for that price if itā€™s even possible youā€™d almost certainly be better off with a smaller pack that is actually not completely terrible.

If you just want a pretty cheap ~$250 10s pack then something like Ownboard.net: Electric Skateboard Battery 2P10S XT-60 Battery ā€“ ownboard is probably what you should look at. That is 10s and in your price range. For the price, itā€™s probably about as good as youā€™ll do. Even if you use extremely cheap cells a custom-built pack from a reputable builder will likely cost more than that. If you got an extremely good deal maybe you could get someone to build you a 10s2p p42a pack for around that price, but I strongly doubt it. There is no way youā€™re getting 10s4p though. There is an off chance you could find a discount cell 18650 10s4p pack for around that, but it will probably be worse than a good 10s2p P42A pack.

Edit: Or maybe something like this is more what I should use as an example: 10s2p P42A Battery Pack | Transparent Series ā€” MBoards that is a pretty good deal. People seem to think Mboards stuff is okayish now so itā€™s probably a better deal than the onboard pack even though it costs a bit more. You likely wonā€™t find a builder who will make a similar pack at that price or cheaper so for 10s cheap packs that is probably your best option.

yes i realised that i was completely off for the prices i was expectingā€¦especialy with the shipping to france
So i decided to build my own pack for about 250 with samsung 21700 40t cells.

1 Like

Alright, so ive run into a problem with my maletrics. I left it powered for a few hours while my battery was charging, and now when i try to use it the screen remains black and does the welder does not work. Iā€™ve tried the trouble shooting steps outlined on the maletrics site, but have been unable to get the software update to work as the arduino code does not compile. Anyone run into this issue before?

So Iā€™m at the point where Iā€™m contemplating humanityā€™s existence on this tiny rock we live on, then an idea popped into my head that I could build a 12S8P P42A pack and make it fit in a Pelicase 1200.

For this setup, Iā€™ll have 9 rows going lengthways and three laying flat on the top. This configuration then allows for the BMS and loopy key/charger port to have room to move and remain neatly placed all to one side.

The lid closes just fine and it seems like it will work although I just havenā€™t seen similar examples I can draw inspiration from. Iā€™m a monkey see monkey do kind of guy.

Has anyone out there attempted this major feat?

@JoeyZ5 and @TheRef have both got frisky with that case. They might know.

1 Like

I did it with 10 groups across the bottom, then 2 groups and the BMS on top.

Edit: it might not work with where your loop key is

13 Likes

Hey All. Iā€™ve taken a new battery through itā€™s first cycle and am having some strange behaviour from one of the cells. The pack was sitting around nominal charge before a couple of short test runs and Delta was at ~0.033. During charge (5amps) cell number 5, which didnā€™t seem to be discharging any more quickly than any other group, had its voltage increase at a much quicker rate than any of the other cells. The battery wasnā€™t able to charge to full at 5 amps as the bms couldnā€™t bleed off enough energy and cell 5 reached 4.2 volts before the rest of the pack. Delta was ~0.122 by the time the bms shut off the charge.

Took the board out for a ride and the discharge pattern for the cell in question looks to be pretty on par w the rest of the pack. Itā€™s too early for a broken weld so Iā€™m leaning towards a faulty cell in that group. Delta was ~.090 by the end of the ride and the pack was sitting at ~47V

Presently have the battery on static balance and Delta was .066 as of this morning.

Thoughts? Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll need to replace this group if things donā€™t settle down after a few cycles.

Anyone here messed with xiaomi scooters?
One is giving me trouble with the bms and some insight would be good

Are you absolutely sure that the group did not discharge faster than other groups? What amps were you pulling per cell?

100 battery amps on a 12s4p and the motors are 70/-70. I was giving the board a good run and climbed a few steep hills so amps wouldā€™ve been pretty high at some points. Iā€™ll have a look at the other cells in the pack and compare discharge patterns.

The cell in question was still well above the other cells in the pack by the end of the run although the delta had decreased from 0.122 down to 0.99. Iā€™ll take a screenshot of the discharge pattern and post it later today but I had a look last night and it seemed to be hovering right around the avg discharge of the pack. Iā€™ll def have a closer look though.

Do you have data on how much was actually drawn? I highly doubt that you pulled the full 100A.

Well, I donā€™t yet have telemetry for this board so data is sparse. Itā€™s a Xenith so Ack doesnā€™t work w it and the VESC tool isnā€™t ideal. So not sure tbh. Def didnā€™t pull 100 battery amps.

Its weird that the discharge isnā€™t similarily affected as the charge, so yeah. Not sure what to make of this, Iā€™d check the group and measuere internal resistance on those cells.