The battery builders club

You’re both saying the same thing.

Yes

1 Like

alright, I’m just gonna try and solder a new wire for the charging lead since that looks like the issue

Edit: its not that

1 Like

So now I’m stuck. If the bms no longer works in charging, is it still able to power on a board? Mine does.

you checked all the voltages through the balance lead?

what BMS is that?

what’s this wire?
Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 1.30.34 AM Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 1.29.51 AM

Looks like it’s 2 hot tamales away from falling off the BMS

Bms, even idk… but it worked for me for a good 4 months. Only the charging isn’t working…

The wire was de-soldered to replace. I was thinking it was that wire since that was the charge port wire.

The last photo, no. That’s actually some kind of glue protecting the solder joint there. That actually works since it turns on my esc (thats the discharge wire).

1 Like

Hmmm…What is that battery config? looks like 8s? Hard to tell with that BMS…I would honestly just replace the BMS, that thing looks sketchhhh. Get a Daly they’re like $20. @kevingraehl might have some depending on how many series the battery is.

I also might have a DALY for you depending on the S count

10s battery.

But you can see that its not the issue. Just won’t charge for some reason.

But yeah, can you link me a bms that can discharge 60amp?

I have a DALY 10s but it’s only rated 15A discharge–are you familiar or feel comfortable wiring bypass/charge only? That’s how everyone does it around here

I dont mind. Its just a pain opening my board constantly just to charge it. Especially when you have another pack that isn’t busted.

1 Like

where r u located?

NYC

2 Likes

Supower 10s 60A

1 Like

I’ll probably just do that for now; though I meant like a section of any thread you can click on where a gallery of photos shows up, if that makes sense

1 Like

That would be awesome. I have had the same thought. I wonder if there are any Discourse pluggins for that feature. @longhairedboy @jamie @anorak234, ever seen anything like that?

5 Likes

You can search this thread for “upload” :joy:

1 Like

Haha :joy: thats funny that it kind of works. Only kind of though.

Edit: Specifically if you search " (upload:// " and select “search this topic” then it will display every picture upload in the thread. Have to click through one by one though which is kind of a pain.

1 Like

If you click the “summarize this topic” button under the initial post it gives you the top rated stuff…most of it has a lot of pictures

6 Likes

Yep this is also a great option. Though I have found that a lot of awesome pictures in this thread dont show up in there. 100 posts is just too few for a nearly 10000 port topic hehe

That’s why it would be really cool to have a systematic way to view only the replies that contain pictures :grin:

2 Likes

Wtf I’ve been on these forums 3 years and never noticed that lmao