The battery builders club

sliced into it. ground off a corner. no sparks.

1h of salt water:

no signs of trouble. will leave it over night.

but seems legit.

3 Likes

You must have a lucky tracking number. I have
over 2 kilos is still stuck in package purgatory :cry:

came DHL

lmk if you need some ahead of time.

1 Like

Did your time for refund lapse yet? Mine does in 2 days still waiting

they extended it.
I hope it comes soon

2 Likes

Every battery gets a little better

27 Likes

That is legit bro :+1:

7 Likes

bruv.
you covered the foxes :cry:
(nice work :wink:)

4 Likes

that’s an interesting form/config for a 12s–what’s the board it’s going in?

2 Likes

Better? The series wires are not playing nice with the paper, maybe I’ll put some foam core in next time

8 Likes

Seriously looks awesome, but what board is that going in? It’s such a weird form factor

1 Like

It’s for the integrated board, 12s2p P42A with 30mm * 0.2mm parallel connections and double 14awg bound silicone wire series connections

6 Likes

Wow lol so much room for activities in there

1 Like

Right? Why not go bigger on the battery? Cuzza compartments?

1 Like

Yeah I have oodles of space in there, due to the covers the phase wire ports will have the Unity sits basically flush with the inside of the pocket and the BMS is a perfect fit in the corner so I have an absolute ton of space to get a power step down module and a LED driver in there…rainbow ultra dense addressable LED strips down each side so its gonna be purdy in the dark. Since its the drop in METR module and the VX1 receiver is tiny I will not have many dongle wires running around, just the LED stuff and the power/charge lines which will be on the outside

Could add a qi charger?

I don’t need it…I want this to be my common driver so adding more cells would make it too heavy, it’s only running dual 6355 motors with urethane wheels and Delaware is a fucking pancake of a state so it’s not like I need the current draw

If I want more range I will have the Black Bear board with the extended range pack…I mean I guess I could run it on this too since its all 12s

1 Like

I don’t understand

I’m seeing all that space inside a wooden item. First thing I’d do is fabricate a integrated Qi charger. Could charge phones and possibly the remote.

Woodworker/electronic nerd in me wanted to speak

Oh yeah that would be pretty easy, I have the 5V step down there anyways so I can dump 15A into the charger lol

I was going to have a USB adapter in there for wired charging but wireless wouldn’t be a bad plan

2 Likes