The battery builders club

You know as well as I do that there was a german shepherd with a pinecone in his mouth that snuck in there :joy:

3 Likes

Haha I love that picture, it looks like teeth but its just a pine cone! You have no idea how much joy it brings me

2 Likes

Thanks that’s a good thread segment burried there in the past. ( along with all the good pics. )

aside: I do think this is another topic that could use it’s own focused post. to point people at.

Battery design :ok_hand: would be a great thread

4 Likes

Thanks all of you for the help, this really clears things up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

related convo same kinda topic

2 Likes

Actually, one more question: If the current is passed through the serial connection, doesn’t it mean that the nickel strip at some point needs to carry the same total current that is then divided by and sent through the serial connections to the next p group?

glyphiks mentioned:

If the two serial connections are passing all the current to the next group, why doesn’t the full current will also go through the strip before it passes?

Because it’s coming from different directions

3 Likes

oh yeah love that video, you won’t love the price.

Here’s a related discussion that I could remember the keywords to find. me thinking about asking about the same kinda thing.

there are better diagrams illustrating it in this thread as well.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve got a question. I’m going to build a battery pack 10s4p with shitty Ali cells (I know, but I don’t have a lot of money and don’t fear death :joy:) and was wondering if there would be any difference in building it in a 1s4p configuration or in a 10s 1p configuration. I plan to build it 10s 1p and here is my reasoning:
If my cells are shitty quality I would want the least amount of current going through every cell to be the minimum. So if I connect 1s 4p packs in series, through that connection there would be 80 amps flowing, but if I connect the 10s 1p groups in parallel, the only place I would have 80 amps of current would be in the connector. (I Know the bms setup would be a pain as I would need to connect a shitton of cables) This is a picture of a little sketch in case I haven’t explained myself well enough :slight_smile:

Edit: Added a picture

Just do the 1s4p that’s how its usually done. If you made 4 - 10s batteries then paralelled them all youd need a 4 into one connector for a main lead plus each 10s battery would need ita own bms as well… Aint nobody got space in a case for 4 bms’

1 Like

Yeah just do it the 1s4p way. Make 10 sets of 4 parallel cells and connect them all in series afterwards that way you only need 1 bms. Also depending on how much your setup draws connect them in series in the middle of the pack or use more that 1 wire/nickel or whatever your using to connect them so it doesn’t overheat the nickel strips.

1 Like

This way I don’t think would work.

How would you plan on connecting everything to run you board on 4 seperate batteries?

This is how it’s done sir

1 Like

Well, the first way it would work because I was technically building 4 separate 10s batteries and then connecting them in parallel, but I guess that the bms wouldn’t be able to charge them all at the same time

1 Like

Yeah thats why its a quick, easy and hard “no” for that idea lol

2 Likes

18650 Fishpaper rings don’t fit 21700

8 Likes

ridiculous! of course I can get them to work.

They are coming with the 40mm 0.2 nickel should be a week away paid for DHL.

Had to order new BMSs, buck converters and new fast charger I was so invested into 12S eco system. It’s hard to break away.

1 Like