The battery builders club

I love this! Any chance you could share a quick how-to with regard to the led light string.

Goddamnit. Iā€™m not buying more cells this week. This is a very good price for these, and I expect they can be pushed beyond those numbers (BHU is always conservative with discharge ratings), Iā€™ve seen 15-20A continuous charts on these cells.

Theyā€™re not gonna compete with 40Tā€™s and P42As but they will probably have MUCH longer lives. Tesla cells have pretty insane longevity historically. Youā€™ll find packs from Model Sā€™s that are a decade old by now and had 100k miles still capable of 80% of original capā€¦

1 Like

if case you actually wanted.
1 Like

Few meepo/china packs that I had to rebuild/replace bms or cells were actually decent. Fishpaper under balance leads, fishpaper between groups, everything secured in place. I was actually amazed.
Old meepo pack vs new 10s2p p42a pack with meepo bypassed bms:

Ya same here, I was shocked that the balance lead were nicely isolated.

1 Like

could have pinged me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

For anyone having a similar issue. LLT checked the PCB which was ok and asked me to check temp sensors and connections. Temp sensors were ok. I reconnected everything, tightened NESE tabs and it is fine nowā€¦ seems something was loose that I missed. Cheers to all that read this and apologies if this wasnā€™t the right thread.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a BMS with B- , P- , and PC- . Anyone got some thoughts on charge only wiring ? Originally the PC- went to the charge port negative, P- went to a xt60 negative, and B- went to the battery negative.

@PickSix24 you would technically only need to wire pc- and b-. what used to be p- would be gone. Youā€™ll need to make a direct connection from battery to esc rather than through bms

1 Like

Ok thanks, thatā€™s what i was thinking. The labeling through me for a little loop. Glad I wrote down what the original connections were lol.

this needs a reference topic we always answer this question with.

In the mean time Iā€™ve seen Beautiful diagrams! NO WORDS (SERIOUS). with a link to specific diagrams. but I didnā€™t find the one to link to. sry.

2 Likes

this one? by @b264?

5 Likes

Yes. Thanks.

1 Like

most smart things find the thread and search for posts by brianā€¦

:sparkles: :eyes: :+1:t4:

2 Likes

I see you had experience on this topic:

Which I think is. a decent reference thread to point people at in the future.

1 Like

yupā€¦ that was my introduction to bypassed BMSā€™sā€¦

myā€¦ we grow up so quickly when we apply ourselvesā€¦

1 Like

I more or less got confused by the pc label. Hadnā€™t seen that one before.

Lol I watched some dude on YouTube for 30 minutes and still didnā€™t understandā€¦then I went on to scare the shit out of my classmates by making a bomb in a woodshop

1 Like

knock-knock on w00dā€¦ I still havenā€™t had the bright-flash, burn multi-meter probe, :smoking: :battery:

I have a healthy respect for the damned thingsā€¦ we had a customerā€™s bike catch on fire in the shop because of a lithium fireā€¦ the bike didnā€™t burn, we cut it out with bolt cutters and threw it in a 5-gallon bucket of waterā€¦ and watched it boil the water

his electrics were all fucked up and he was throwing 20v at his 12v litium battery

1 Like

This is exactly where I was a couple months ago and @b264 was awesome helping me wire my BMS charge only. Hereā€™s his instructions for dummyā€™s which I still reference
Need feedback BMS diagram

3 Likes