The battery builders club

and thus battery_builders_summer_2020 was begun.

3 Likes

I don’t atm no, I’m sorry! But I’ve also ordered some on the slow boat a couple months ago so whenever that shows up I’ll hyu!

2 Likes

I’m sensing a glut of nickel in our future.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nickel is a non perishable and so will always have value, someone here will buy it eventually. If I quit eskate I’ll have like $300 in battery making materials that would be just as good as the day I got them

3 Likes

Joking aside. this thread is one hell of a slog. It took me forever to read it all. and I’m pretty sure I missed a bit in the middle because i lost my position.

but it’s a slog of a read.

we should work to make a solid reference topic. that is a good starting point wiht all the knowledge interleaved in this thread.

I encourage you to add some knowledge to @Mainflow attempt at exactly that:

6 Likes

6 Likes

If 2kg of nickel comes in with rust I’m gonna fucking cry

6 Likes

There was actually a long list of “how-tos” that were never revisited and I basically had to learn everything by taste and smell so we should definitely try to fill out those guides

2 Likes

Oh yea that original outline at the beginning of the thread seemed very nice actually.

2 Likes

13 Likes

so many gOOd ideas… like your small tire thread…

OK Fess you’re nominated to create a (serious) thread or wikki or revive an old good resource…

let no gOOd deed go unpunished

but we can’t lose this one…

So we punish the good guys…? :thinking:

1 Like

always

that’s just how it werks… I don’t make the rulez…

1 Like

as much as I want to. I don’t feel qualified on this subject. yet.

I was gonna try and do one on How to deal with your temperature sensor woes. ie condense my other thread about my particular problem down to more succinct info.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of finally adding to that thread but I’m also way too noob to contribute really. I remember scouring the forums and wishing that thread had more of a walk-though on how to build your first battery but it’s like, nobody will touch it :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

you don’t want mr. backwards-battery-builder contributing to that thread :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

you just have to start it…

if you build it they will come…

or not

1 Like

That’s a good point.

Almost a good deed one would say. and as the rules say. it’s time for you to stop waiting and get going. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

no… really all serious replies from all sources need be brought up and discussed… we all learn from others mistakes… everyone makes them… and if your experience prevents one fire,

dOOd… everyone will thank you!!!

1 Like