The battery builders club

Black is negative then 1to 12th
B- battery minus
P- output / charge if single port
C- charge

2 Likes

Continuity is the presence of a complete path for current flow. A circuit is complete when its switch is closed. A digital multimeter’s Continuity Test mode can be used to test switches, fuses, electrical connections, conductors and other components. A good fuse, for example, should have continuity .

3 Likes

Do you have one wired up this way? Or do you have a reference somewhere else

Some shots of my most recent project. Experimented with 3d printed ABS cell holders and it really helped keep this space cramped build within the limited enclosure space. Also allowed for easy fishpapering and perfect air-gaps between P groups. I’d recommend it so much my next 2 smaller projects have already finished printing and are just awaiting assembly. I think with the profits of this pack I’ll be investing in a proper kweld though. The limiting nature of my sunko really showed when I had to use the pen.

7 Likes

Thx gang, I’ll get to soldering it up then!

they’re pretty much all wired the same way. (basically, what @Acido and @kook been sayin, lol)

Good luck

4 Likes

Don’t rely on that low-density PE foam for abrasion resistance. The closed cells can pop under impact or abrasion and collapse.

Ok I’m confident that I’ve got this setup right. Got my pins all good at the balance pins, and now all I got to do is plug it in.

Negative terminal first, then balance pins, and then apply power. :+1:

1 Like

There’s supposed to be a silent prayer to Skatan somewhere in that order

4 Likes

!HAIL SKATAN¡
!HAIL SKATAN¡
!HAIL SKATAN¡

3 Likes

more like:
“Dear Skatan,
I gave you all my lunch money already and I’m all banged up from tryna go too fast, so please, don’t kill me in a battery fire before I get to go skate again.
Amen.”

6 Likes

Interesting, I always do my prayers and spells without components

1 Like

you do gUUd macrame… would you make me an es8 Murse?

1 Like

3 Likes

nice job

1 Like

Now I’m havin issues with the app.
Keeps knocking into overvoltage when in reality, the cells are way under the value.
I’m thinking I need to calibrate the bms, but it says ya need to know what ya doin. And I don’t, atleast I’m nervous to try it😆

It actually seems that cell 3 is giving issues. I would like to turn off charging to that cell group, but I don’t know how to.
Anyone have some tried and true settings/rules they go by while setting up their config? Thx!

1 Like
3 Likes

Not quite sure that is a possibility. They’re all being charged together by 2 wires connected at both ends of the entire pack.
Conversation heard inside the pack:
“Sarge, owner wants to skip #3
“Boys get ready, we got some arcing to do today. You, you’ll be jumping from 2 to 4. You, you’ll be doing the opposite. Now move it, move it”

5 Likes

Literally my life

2 Likes

that’s literally what a BMS does

1 Like