The battery builders club

That’s the entire reason I want to weld the Pgroup together and am asking what size nickle to use… Anyways @longhairedboy reached out to me and I also ordered a malectrics spot welder. This will be solved.
Thanks everyone. Im trying to keep this airline friendly, that’s why I didn’t just weld the pack up to begin with.

6 Likes

I was using magnets to hold the nickel in place and I saw something kinda cool

10 Likes

Yeah fuck that. The last thing I want happening while building batteries is little conductive gremlins that jump around on their own and like sticking to metal.

13 Likes

Haha, it’s been pretty tame when I leave it in the middle. I put my cells in the jig, stick the nickel with the magnet, remove the cells, do a tack welds at each end, remove the magnet, then do the other 7 welds

1 Like

I stick my magnet on something else while welding the rest lmao

lmao

3 Likes

I got a battery to take apart. And use cells for spot weld practice.

Testing my learnings. Things look bad to me.

• duct tape?
  • wildly run balance wires.
  • series braided cable barely attached.
  • pgroups glued on edges but with no extra mechanical support of something like silicone.
  • one thin strip of fish paper separates two pgroups sides Maybe that’s enough?
  • no fish paper between wiring and cells.
  • maybe more.

How’d I do?

3 Likes

Hmmm… looks solid 2 me :eyes::penguin:
Wonder who gave u dat… :doughnut:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Why is it so awful…?

6 Likes

@xsynatic still looking for entertainment? Some smoked cells above.

2 Likes

• Negative end of pack. All the current goes through one strip of 7mm wide nickel tab.
  • middle of the pack 3/4 current goes through the nickel to the series connection.

Edit: the nickel is two layer. So that helps a little. I think it’s 0.15x7mm though. Which is hot at 40amps. On a 60amp capable pack. Maybe if it’s 0.2mm and 8mm it’s in better shape.

2 Likes

That pack is FUCKED… Like FUCKEd fucked

2 Likes

I do. Still got some time as i just woke up and in roughly 3 hours i have to be there. Won’t look at the stuff until i’m waiting! :slight_smile:

We call this

@psychotiller style

11 Likes

Psycho Tiller
Qu’est-ce que c’est
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far worse
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away oh oh…

7 Likes

7 Likes

True. At least there is a piece of fish paper in that pack.

7 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::face_with_thermometer::worried::cold_sweat::scream::scream::confounded::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

I gotta be honest… and I’ll only say it once… and then deny it forever…

but the worst mBored battery I’ve looked at was better than that mess…

she ded

2 Likes

1_awHzQpvF_nLTvMhN0XD4KA

2 Likes