The battery builders club

Yeah bro, i use a 14 pin gx20 connector :+1:

The only thing I don’t like about it is that the pins are boardside, not plugside. Shorting the balance port is not fun. But I added some extra protection with a silicone cap that i had for my vape, it fit perfectly :rofl:

3 Likes

Why not use female sockets there?

As far as i know, the gx plugs only come in this orientation with the male on the panel mount side, female on the plug

2 Likes

Ah ok. Shouldnt be impossible to find the right thing. Must exist :grinning:

What charger did you buy

That looks like a problem you can fix with JB Weld

UP1200AC Plus. Its a beast. I got it from aliexpress

5 Likes

Dayum that’s big

3 Likes

Yeah, you don’t wanna be carting it around. But there’s nothing wrong with just using a brick charger while you are on the road, just make sure you don’t overcharge.

4 Likes

I’ll wait for this. Don’t want to blow up figuring this out myself.

Hurry up kook

1 Like

i’m gunna need moar SSSS’s

1 Like

…don’t fergit… I have your addy… I might just send you a “shit-stirrin” spoon

:tumbler_glass: :doughnut: :doughnut:

2 Likes
2 Likes

EDIT: I’m building something similar

2 Likes

Does this look fine for my 12s3p pack? Nickel is 8mm x 0.15mm.

2 Likes

Looks great, make sure to spot weld one piece of nickel at a time, most welders have a hard time going through 2 pieces of nickel stacked

2 Likes

Not really? That post explains how you can use a balance charger like the d6 pro?

1 Like

I meant my charger solution is going to be similar… but MOAR volts and amps… haven’t had the time to perv your link

Resistance is inverse add in parallel, no? So you should be seeing 1/ (1/.0221 + 1/.0221) which gives you 0.01105 ohm and with a voltage difference of .05/.01105 = 4.5A. Therefor, anything higher than a .25V delta seems to me to be unsafe.

1 Like

In this case you need to think about them as being in series. I can draw a pic when I get home in an hour.

Here is also a good link with pretty much the same equation I used: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/64509/different-batteries-connected-in-parallel

1 Like

I’m curious as to why that would be, but I didn’t watch the video a few back yet. Nbd I’ll work through the theory and math.