The battery builders club

Yup, there’s nothing wrong with the shrink wrap but it bothers me still

1 Like

If you have a female port, I sent you an extra male end so you could do it too :yum:

At least I think I did…

1 Like

There. I did it.

4 Likes

Damn, those probe wires are beef

4 Likes

12s6p P42A in the making

7 Likes

I have been thinking about this a lot recently and have started a thread on the topic here Production EV Battery Thread (SERIOUS)

4 Likes

I just worked with some of these sensor cables on haggy motors and AVX drives on the century I built. The problem with a panel mounted setup is the angle of said panel. If I had mounted these as designed they would’ve stuck straight into the motor cans rather than following the curve of the deck.
They look nice. But the space they need to fit in and the fixed, short length of the cable come from the motor made them a little annoying

1 Like

Does anyone know why one of the electrodes keeps sticking on my malectrics spotwelder while I’m spot welding?

Mighty be dirty, give the tip a little love and try again (high grit sandpaper or steel wool or something like that)

I rub the grunge off on the wood surface I’m working on. I used to use a file to gently knock off the schmeg, but wore my electrodes down to a nub. Good luck

where are all the P42A’s coming from? Did I miss a GB or sale or something?? my hoarder senses are like WTF :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

idk maybe peoplz paid full price, they got them on nkon

1 Like

I put a multi-meter on my waouks 4A charger, it reads 50.5V. Is this a problem?

Got mine at liion wholesale while they were in stock

1 Like

@drone001 If its supposed to be a 10S charger, then yeah you have a problem. It’s within spec for a 12S charger though, 50.5V / 12 series groups = 4.20833V per cell.

1 Like

it’s for a 12s battery. I thought it was 50.4V…ok i see 50.49996V …thx

1 Like

I’ll mock it up first. The charge port it should be great…

1 Like

I got them from https://www.18650batterystore.com/21700-p/molicel-p42a.htm

They match liionwholesale prices if you ask them. I did and got a discount code on the same day. The code was liionp42a for Qty 50+ = Price of $5.10

5 Likes

Anyone recognize this lil guy?

1 Like

If anyone is interested on battery cycle testing I found this.

The test parameters are…
Charge to 4.1v @ 1amp
Discharge to 3.3v @ 2.5 amps

Although not exactly like use in an eskate, its the best test I could find and a little more real world than 100% DOD cycle testing you would normally find on a data sheet.

Full ES thread here.

5 Likes