The battery builders club

Yes, it will most likely trip your circuit. This is why I never considered a Sunkko.

3 Likes

Yeah it will constantly trip your breaker. Check if you have any outlets on the breaker you have your kitchen appliances on as appliances tend to run off higher amperage breakers.

?? You over think’d it, just check continuity between 2 pins and see if they’re shorted or not. They should stay open until the BMS closes them to balance, if shorted they will continue to drain power until that P group is dead…

I just called BCH to ask if there would be more lots of brand new cells in the future, he said “they come and go” So it is possible but no guarantee that there will be more.

Apparently the free shipping is a “fuck up” and it is supposed to have a shipping charge for the lots over 20. Confusing but whatever.

He is also sending me some pictures of what they have.

They have some Segway batteries also those might be good power and energy density.

1 Like

Hi @BillGordon
We got it all sorted could you clean up my posts in this thread in order to keep it to battery building stuff

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @Fosterqc for making that thread. Watching like a hawk :eyes:

2 Likes

Does anyone have a good (reliable and fast shipping) source for insulator rings in the 21700 size? I’ve been using IMR but would prefer fishpaper over plastic insulator in the future.

1 Like

Li-ion wholesale

2 Likes

(they also have white)

2 Likes

@ryend @bollen @ZachTetra

tested and got some welds

2 pieces of 0.15 nickel together maxed at 4 amps and 4 pulses before it sparked but i got some decent welds
the soldering iron doesnt work for some reason but hopefully i can fix

thanks so much guys

3 Likes

I sent them an email, hopefully they make it right :crossed_fingers: (im not that concerned about it).

2 Likes

Wait isn’t the difference between common and separate basically discharge/bypass or charge and discharge/bypass?

I

pics or it didn’t happen, lol

7 Likes

Sparking usually indicates you made poor contact. A proper weld shouldn’t spark. Make sure to press firmly

1 Like

Recommendations for a 12s smart BMS? Anything cheaper than a DieBieMS because that stuff is EXPENSIVE, and iOS compatible

1 Like

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/13s-48v-li-ion-battery-pcb-board-54-6v-lithium-bms-with-60a-discharge-current-for-electric-motorcycle-and-e-scooter-protection-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2/

This bad boy will do you right. The balance current is nothing to shake a stick at, and its not exactly compact, but other than that I have no complaints. Its very simple to use once you figure everything out, and it does its job. If you order from this website, I advise paying for expedited shipping if you want to get in within a month.

2 Likes

iOS supported? And they include the Bluetooth dongle with it?

1 Like

Just means theres 3 wires vs 2 coming from the BMS. There’s B-,P-,C- for solit, or commonport has the C- and B- combined. I usually use common when bypassing discharge so I don’t have to have the 3rd wire clipped hanging off.

1 Like

yes for both

1 Like

I have one of those the bluetooth module is included.

They don’t make the ios app it is third party. It is free for basic use but to program you have to pay a fee.

2 Likes