The battery builders club

Nice, I think adding holes at this point would be a little risky, but the two layers will work fine

Thanks

There old batterys $10 each. I have a charger on them constantly while using and a digital voltage metre that way I can keep an eye on it as I go and keep it consistent

1 Like

This is how I routed mine

8 Likes

just let them cross over and put some fishpaper under

14 Likes

A lot of you guys are going to cringe hard…

11 Likes

finally a small 12s BMS… this is the offering from @dickyho, which is a rebranded Daly 15amp BMS … 16 days from order to having it in hand!

length is ~60mm, width ~50mm, height ~11mm, weight 60 grams

I’m going to run this by-passed obviously…
BMS s-l500a

hold my beer, I’m going in…

6 Likes

yes sadly he hasn’t learned about fish paper rings and cutting nickel corners. Really cool to see DIY tech like that from them, I watch a lot of their content.

2 Likes

does this have balance function?
how thick?

2 Likes

I enjoy some of their videos and when I saw the thumbnail I was really interested ! But while I am no expert in battery building, a lot of this video screams danger.

1 Like

The fish paper bridges worked really well, thanks again guys, just insulate the top and bottom and it’s done

6 Likes

That was what i was told…

11mm height like mentioned above…

Comparison pik with smart BMS

4 Likes

I’ve got a 13s version coming as well :metal: ordered off ebay for $15 looks to be the same one

1 Like

As long as you get a low discharge current BMS it should be almost as small…

1 Like

13S is strangely more similar sized the the 10S than the larger 12S, not really sure why that is

5 Likes

Is your 13s limited to 8a discharge? That could be the reason it’s smaller

I think that 8A is charge rating. Which would make sense. I always order 15A discharge with the intention of bypassing and never gotten anything but the 15A/15A 12S ones. So I was kinda surprised when it was so small.

3 Likes

what’s the dimensions? Looks pretty small… Maybe 13s isn’t such a bad deal…

1 Like
2 Likes

so if you bypass discharge you don’t rlly need separate port? because you have 2 types of those bmses

speak english son… hahaha
It still has a charge port, a balance plug, a power connector… the only difference is how one wires it all up…

above i put a bypassed diagram, here is a discharge diagram:
BMS s-l500