The battery builders club

Nice! looks good from here!

How are you going to make the series connections? I get kinda skurd when pulling possible 100 amps or more off a p group.

Whatsit going in?

1 Like

Thinking 5 series connections like this using this 15mm .2mm nickel

Folded over some copper braid

What do you think?

Slowly making progress on my double stack 10s4p.
I’m insulating each of the 4p groups.
And will connect the series with silicone wire soldered to the little tabs.

3 Likes

The welds look fucking solid dude. You could probably even turn it down a little.

4 Likes

Here are some tests that @Sedmii did on nickel strips. All strips were pure nickel.
Lenght of strips: around 30mm.
Strips were not isolated.
Equipment:
BK precision 30V30A: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/b-k-precision/1694/BK1694-ND/2637961
Fluke 87V: https://www.fluke.com/en/product/electrical-testing/digital-multimeters/fluke-87v

16 Likes

Great info!

1 Like

Oh this is nice! Excellent data!

2 Likes

I think many people have had success with the folded nickel series connection, some people may squawk though, stating that nickel won’t flex too many times before breaking.

is this a flat pack? by folding over cooper braid, you mean like @glyphiks does with awg10? I like copper braid. looks pro when done right, (I’m looking at you @BluPenguin)

4 Likes

It will be going under a trampa in 3 separate enclosure, each will have 20 cells in it.

Decided to see how welded nickel would hold the braid series connection, last time I used hot glue lol.

9 Likes

That should be enough for idk 500A more or less without any heat

9 Likes

Lol! Only going for 100. But even then, probably wont be drawing 100amps from every p group, do you think if I go down to 2 or 3 series copperbraids instead of 5 would be ok?

1 Like

Since you started with 5 i think it would be the best to keep it that way
If you were going only for 100, only nickel was enough :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah for 100A that is extremely excessive lol, but really cool way to sandwich the braid though.

Hi
I wonder what connector 2020 model bestech D140
Li12s15A-05 12s BMS uses.
It’s 2 cables one is 9pinns the other one is 4pin

They have different names pitch etc. Does someone have the answer? The website doesn’t have anything on the connector.

They are JST-EH 2.5 connectors, they share the same pin type as the JST-PH 2.0 pins, so you can re-pin that connector with wires from either one, or if you already have a crimp for the more common PH, just recycle the EH plug.

1 Like

Anyone know if there is a 3 pin version of JST-RY? I want to change my EH balance connectors for something lower profile

JST-RY? Isn’t that the red 2 pin power connector?

Guess its time I add to this club.

12s10p, Maletrics welder.

12 Likes