guess no

2 Likes

Nope…

1 Like

cancel that sheeeeeeeeeet

1 Like

Fuuuck. Gonna try to cancel

1 Like

they prob take more than a day to ship. you should be ok.

1 Like

cough cough cough coghohoho

don’t forget this

oh and check them out on instagram I was their first follower just now

Thanks for the tip. Trying to cancel. I like money…

2 Likes

This is so cool🤣

2 Likes

Why would you want to round thin nickel strips on a belt sander?
It would take ages and make a mess compared to scissors.

4 Likes

10S8P right now.

5 Likes

Thanks again… Great freaking tip…

14 Likes

I briefly shorted a p group this morning :frowning: and ruined a tiny pair of scissors. I was careless for a split second and that’s all it took. The group still reads 3.50 v, so I’m wondering, is the p group also ruined or is it useable? Is there any way to tell?

Pic for attention

8 Likes

If it was just a split second, should be fiiiiine.

5 Likes

Fiiiine = sarcasm? Sarcasm’s a dangerous thing in the battery builders forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How long was the short?

1 Like

Not really sarcasm. More a shorthand way to say you assume all the risks with diy battery pack building. Advice is just that, some people talking on the internet.

If it was like a small fraction of a second, I don’t see how it would have taken damage. But if it was like a full second or longer, I might consider doing some testing. If it was like 2sec+, I’m probably just find fresh cells for the group (but they might still be fine). It’s up to you though to figure out what you feel okay with.

1 Like

Time wise, a split second - like way less than 1 second. It was a pinprick size hole through the cell wrap to the cell wall. Total dumbass move on my part. It sparked and melted the point on my fine tip scissors, but was over very quickly.

1 Like

Understood. I’m not looking for someone to take the risk, just looking for input from someone with way more experience than me. If someone here said to junk it, I’d junk it and build a new p group I would. If the consensus is that it’s probably ok but should be watched, I’ll watch it.

It seems like the thinking is that it’s ok to use but that I should mark it and keep a close eye on it for a while. I’m good with that.

1 Like

It’s fine, don’t worry about it. Batteries are more resilient than that.

4 Likes

Welding is done. (I don’t like the auto mode)

5 Likes