Soldering is for nerds

3 Likes

It’s easy and fast. And your fingers get hot in the meantime. :smirk:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Anyone try these yet?

1 Like

I’m waiting for this one

right now, it took longer because of Corona but its on its way now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Get that wire outside of the shrink asap

They are all passive, same as your bms
All are dumping energy in to heat not transferring to other p groups

? what’s wrong with it?

If the insulation gets puncured you will have a huge short

1 Like

Oh, you mean take the wire out of the PVC shrink. Yeah that could help a bit I suppose. There’s more insulation than in that picture though. That pack is due for a checkup soon actually, been a few months, I’ll see how well the current insulation inside is doing.

1 Like

I just use it external and take care :slight_smile: According to specs it IS active since it uses the supercapacitor for transferring power from one cell to another.

1 Like

Maybe a dumb question, but I got some fishpaper from amazon and it’s not adhesive…should I be looking for adhesive fish paper specifically? Or is there some sort of glue that we all use on this stuff?

3 Likes

There are a few adhesive options on Amazon. Some of them aren’t super strong adhesive, so I just use a bit of kapton tape on the edges to stop peeling.

1 Like

145P Tags Adhesive Backed Fish… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ICBG46C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

18650 Battery Pack Insulator… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JNKPFLR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 Likes

Dope! Thanks man!

1 Like

I love those jigs to line everything up!
Better than my crappy wood ones :joy:

2 Likes

Good morning guys. I need some help in putting together a 10s4p pack. I put to get here a few lipo pack b4 but never a 18650 pack. Here is my question. I am putting on the balance cable to my 3d printed pack and I want to put balance #1 cable at the positive tab is that okay. I read that I need to put balance #1 cable between P 1, P2 the connection. It’s the same right ? Pls refer to the picture.

It depends on the BMS, most will ask for #1 to be positive, #2 to be P1-P2, etc. So for a 10s pack, you will end up with 11 wires. Positive + Negative + 9 in between. Not all BMS, I would look on the schematics of the BMS you are using to see which balance connections it asks for.

1 Like

I think my bms takes one negative P and 1B-10B negative. P, 1b+, 2b+, 3b+, 4b+, 5b+, 6b+, 7b+, 8b+, 9b+, 10b+

1 Like