The battery builders club

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Unless you have a 1p battery with microcells I can’t imagine it being a problem

1 Like

I vaguely recalling there’s a port for a power switch that can be hooked up to it. Does that turn off the BT I have no idea :man_shrugging:, but likely you can reach out to them and ask. They’re fairly responsive.

It doesn’t turn off the bluetooth.

You could put a switch on the 5v line of the bluetooth module tho.

Yeah definitely next best thing

been monitoring my lacroix thats been out of service for 5 months with the cells at 3.8 . Hasn’t moved at all for me to notice. I think if your phone was fully connected to the bms (aka blue light lit up) then maybe over time there would be some drain on a small pack

1 Like

BLE energy consumption depends on a lot of parameters, but when not connected is usually consumes around 100 to 500µA, with peaks at around 1mA and lows at around 1µA.

This really depends on how the device is configured though, and since LLT is closed source, we have no clue. It’s verrry low though.

Source

Im really struggling to source some affordable wide nickel strips for my build (im from the UK). Does anyone have any suggestions? Im happy to buy in from China provided it’s a reputable seller.

I just get them straight from aliexpress, so far all good and no steel. :smiley:

3 Likes

What stores have you used successfully?

2 Likes

Shenzhen Glacier tools Store

I’ve purchased from these guys twice and both times passed the brine and spark tests.

I think that steel city has been reco’d in past too if memory serves. Don’t have a link for that store tho…

Edit- one thing I will say is that the above store did send me 0.2mm nickel when I ordered 0.15. I have a Kweld so that wasn’t an issue but caveat emptor.

1 Like

They shut down or smthn

2 Likes

Ye.

I’ve looked everywhere, and for the life of me cannot find the maximum and recommended values for charging current for the LTT Smart BMS. Can anyone advise?

Also, I’d like someone to clarify/validate my understanding of basic electronics…

I’m building a 12S4P Samsung 40T pack. Each cell is rated at 35A continuous discharge, and 2A - 6A charging current. With 4 in parallel, does that mean my overall pack (I know the BMS limits charge current, but for arguments sake…) has a max continuous discharge current 140A and max charge current 24A?

Also, another noddy question. If I have two Flipsky 6354s attached to my VESC, each pulling around 50A does that mean 100A coming from the battery?

Should pay more attention in my electrical engineering modules…cheers :slight_smile:

I believe the standard is max 20a.

I don’t remember what Mooch’s cell values are for 40T, but yes that math is right

No, the battery amps of the vesc are what you need to pay attention to, you can pull way more motor amps and pull less battery amps, per side

2 Likes

I thought that was discharge - do you know where can I find any data/info to support this?

Awesome, thanks :slight_smile:

Could you elaborate? I thought the motors pull current through the ESC, which in turn pulls through the battery?

Just look on the LLT webpage haha the specs are there

Yes but it’s not equal, for example I could pull 115a on my motor but it only takes 60a on the battery side. It’s kind of complicated, having to do with duty cycle and how the energy is transformed. Someone explained it on here but I don’t know where the post is

I had a look earlier and must have missed it haha. Seems it is 15A.

Right okay, that would make sense. Essentially I’m just trying to figure out what connectors to use in my build and what fuse for the charger circuit. Probably better suited for a different thread as it is not directly battery related.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xt90s for main discharge terminal and make sure to use the female and not the male.

Dis one:
41zZ-VmmywL.AC

Basically ~ twice the amperage you will be charging at.

Thanks man, and regarding the charge port, and charge circuit to battery connection, do you have any recommendations?