The battery builders club

No ur absolutely sane my friend. The newest app for Android has lost some of its functionality. It has a better dashboard but you can’t, for e.g. turn on active balancing. I have both the oldee version and newer on my phone as they both have pros and cons.

2 Likes

on iphone there’s two apps.

Xiaoxiang BMS

XiaoXiangElectric

The XiaoXiang BMS app has settings. the later does not.

1 Like

Didn’t even know about the latter one

1 Like

Finally finished it. 12s7p VTC5A.

@SimosMCmuffin So this will be the last FlexiBMS pack build for a while, huh. Thanks again for replacing my cursed unit. :smile:

11 Likes

Also, flashing the FW on the Flexi is a real nerve wracking endeavour, it worked on like the 20th attempt while I was slowly giving up and accepting my fate. :sob: :rofl:

1 Like

pardon my ad.

:skateboard:

Overkill Solar has a new llt app. I downloaded it, looks nice but didnt get a chance to mess around with it yet https://overkillsolar.com/support-downloads/

2 Likes

Stop it, I’m having flashbacks :sob:
Was thinking its possibly shit usb cords.

1 Like

I used a known good one, just because if you pulled it out after a failed attempt it’s a brick. :smiley: I really did not look forward to the experience, even though I read the wiki and was warned about that part. Only reason I did it was because I wanted to have wake-from-CAN support.

2 Likes

No straight white male stuff ever its racist 
 LOL

1 Like

Does the LTT BMS have to be always on? or is there. a way to power it off?

i’m very slightly concerned about power consumption. (yes i hear you saying
 “it’s no big deal” )
but i’m mostly just annoyed the bluetooth shows up in scans all the time.

No way to turn off the BLE as far as I know, but also it doesn’t matter, the draw is so low

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Unless you have a 1p battery with microcells I can’t imagine it being a problem

1 Like

I vaguely recalling there’s a port for a power switch that can be hooked up to it. Does that turn off the BT I have no idea :man_shrugging:, but likely you can reach out to them and ask. They’re fairly responsive.

It doesn’t turn off the bluetooth.

You could put a switch on the 5v line of the bluetooth module tho.

Yeah definitely next best thing

been monitoring my lacroix thats been out of service for 5 months with the cells at 3.8 . Hasn’t moved at all for me to notice. I think if your phone was fully connected to the bms (aka blue light lit up) then maybe over time there would be some drain on a small pack

1 Like

BLE energy consumption depends on a lot of parameters, but when not connected is usually consumes around 100 to 500”A, with peaks at around 1mA and lows at around 1”A.

This really depends on how the device is configured though, and since LLT is closed source, we have no clue. It’s verrry low though.

Source

Im really struggling to source some affordable wide nickel strips for my build (im from the UK). Does anyone have any suggestions? Im happy to buy in from China provided it’s a reputable seller.