The battery builders club

Anyone that buys directly from Lithiumbatterypcb.com, do you get a tracking number when it ships or do the goods just show up? I’ve been waiting on 3 smart BMS to ship for weeks now.

Yes, looks something like this:

If you haven’t gotten any confirmation they have not been shipped yet.

1 Like

hello i am planning on building an esk8 and i need a 10s 5p or 4p battery … i know this a battery building forum but i was still wondering if there are some weabsites selling affordable packs…
I don’t realy want to build it myself since i don’t have a spot wealder and i already struggled building a way smaller pack…
my budget is about 250 (without shipping)
i hope you can give me avice :slight_smile: thx

A 10s4/5p for 250 money? Thats very much impossible. Thats pretty close to cell cost alone, not even counting other materials and time.

3 Likes

humm ok well do you know a website selling quality packs at a faire price?

Nope, also, idk where you are located. If you’re in the US, mboards makes pretty good packs nowadays. Also you can check out our trusted builders list which can make a make perfectly suited for your needs.

1 Like

I learned something today…thx

4 Likes

I don’t think anything really happens if you don’t, but something about how it powers up, I read it on one of the bms sites

2 Likes

Same with those 1-24s balance boards, you’re supposed to insert the JST connectors on an angle so the ground balance cable connects first. I know its because the overall pack ground is used as a voltage reference but I’m not sure why the order matters since no current flows without at least one positive and negative wire connected.

Second pack I’ve made. Using it as a parallel pack on my street board like a savage.
First run with it last night went well, everything thing sitting nice through discharge and charge :partying_face:

8 Likes

Your budget for the pack you’re after isn’t a ‘fair’ price.

I’m just gonna leave this here for you. Think about what you’re asking for. Either your pack is cheap and gives up something in quality, which w Liion is not advisable, or you have a more realistic expectation for the price of a quality pack. You can’t have it both ways.

If you’ve tried to build one before you understand the skill and time it takes to make a good pack so this shouldn’t be difficult to comprehend.

Your only other option is to keep an eye on the ‘used parts for sale’ and u might get lucky w someone selling a used pack that meets ur needs.

1 Like

You can have current flowing between balancing pins or the main POS pin and a balancing pin.

Without a ground reference to help keep internal MOSFET gates off, and other circuitry in a known state, you can have circuit parts or internal MOSFETs turning on when they’re not supposed to and/or internal current flowing where it shouldn’t. This can cause undesired operation or even circuit damage.

5 Likes

June 8th I ordered from LLT. I live in NYC and choose free shipping that says - - Post shipment by USPS normally take 10~18days.
June 22nd I sent an email to see if they shipped and or if there was a tracking #. That same day it was delivered. Ordered from them once before-. Both orders no issues and James quickly responded to emails

1 Like

45ms on maletricswith cat battery. How’s it look?

1 Like

preddy gud

If someone here has a 10s llt bms could you please post your parameter settings. Yesterday I scrolled through the app and it could be that I accidently changed one or two parameters by mistake.
I found the default settings on llt webpage but I thought I would check with you guys aswell

Post you settings…

That’s our specialty :grin:

We currently only have 12s4p posted, but we will be posting 10s4p very soon.

5 Likes

I’d love to get one but 650 is wayy to much for the buget build i want to make :smiling_face_with_tear: … and i also want to learn to build realatively big liion packs so … :person_shrugging:

In that case, one of our comprehensive battery building kits might be better suited for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

They include everything you need to build a battery just like the ones well sell, other than cells and tools. There’s also a comprehensive instruction guide that goes with it, so it’s an easy and fun building experience.

They will be going live this week, and should be much more in your price range.

9 Likes