The battery builders club

Keenlab.de . Not AliExpress.

1 Like

Switzerland …

I search cheap dys thing.

1 Like

@Evwan beat me to it. That’s the link in the EU.

Malectrics promises 2-7 days shipping internationally, can anyone confirm the accuracy of this info?

The KWeld isn’t cheap, but the big difference between a KWeld and a regular spot welder, is that it adjusts the pulse duration each weld to achieve a specified energy output. Most welders just send power for a set amount of time.

The result is that you get much more consistent welds by ensuring each weld gets the same amount of energy delivered to it.

3 Likes

Fire.

10 Likes

USPS boxes to show extent of flame & heat impact on surroundings?

Correct.

Hindsight shows that the front had more heat expulsion than the vents on the side.

Mario, what exactly was 'sploded in there if I may ask?

5000W

lmaoooooo

Relax Baby i take the order. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

12 Samsung 50E cells, 24 Molicel M35A cells, 2 3S 3,000mAh LiPos, and a 1S 5,000mAh LiPo.

The cells and pouches were unwrapped to ensure that the heat source would have best contact with the cans for maximum effect.

It seems that this led to most of the assemblies exploding very quickly, with only a few stragglers afterwards.

7 Likes

:crazy_face: :see_no_evil:

Heard that…

what batteries should I get for a Malectrics? I was thinking of paralleling these

A car battery.

1 Like

Car battery capable of 800CCA is good. Then get a car battery float charger, keep it permanently plugged in

6 Likes

Car battery.

5 Likes

Don’t. By the time you have enough of those in parallel to get reasonable performance, you could probably buy two or three really nice car batteries instead.
The only reasons to go for li-ion for this rather than lead-acid are either A: you absolutely must have it be light and portable and damn the consequences, or B: you get a really, REALLY good deal on some large, high discharge lithium cells (SPIM08HP or similar).

tldr, just get a car battery.

4 Likes