The battery builders club

I would say, very carefully, with a dremel cutoff wheel.

2 Likes

True. There are definitely advantages of going either way.

1 Like
  • Uninstall the p-group from the pack
  • Disassemble the whole p-group
  • Remove the nickel from all the cells in the group
  • Carefully clean the nickel crumbs off the contacts of each cell
  • Replace the bad cell
  • Re-weld the whole group
  • Re-install the group into the pack
10 Likes

I could physically feel you holding my hand :heart:

9 Likes

5 Likes

This was recommended at some point

Edit: Ah, not 10A sorry

2 Likes

Very safe handling I know.

Tapped the +/- afterward but for now gonna use a military ammo box and cover it in cat litter until we can dispose of it safely. Idk if cat litter is the best but it’s what we had had sand but someone used it :roll_eyes:. Funny to think this litteral bomb was an inch away from his head.

4 Likes

If you give it a firm tap with a hammer I bet you’ll get quite the show

6 Likes

:joy: yeah that’s what I wanted to do but don’t want neighbors to call 911 for “playing with explosives/fire” I know they would call them if they saw it or heard it

It’s not that much energy, if you have a bucket you can fill it with salt water and toss it in then watch it boil

4 Likes

tomorrow maybe I’ll do it

3 Likes

Does anyone have the image showing the center area of the negative pole of a cell, where one should not weld?

3 Likes

8 Likes

I have a battery with a huge discharge bms that I’m fed up of (the bms not the battery itself)
What’s he best way to remove the bms and replace for a small daly one?

Thanks a lot

Any tips are welcome

Pretty much plug and play if the JST is the same as the small DALY (Other than re-wiring the output to bypass, but that shouldn’t be too difficult)

1 Like

Gonna have to redo balance leads (one at a time and no shorting)

Otherwise just confirming that it’s redoing main outputs and that’s it

Yea then pretty much, just the negative lead to bypass P- and go straight to the output.
once the JST is unplugged just desolder them, there isn’t a big short risk in just having the wires on there (Don’t cut the jst with scissors, thats the only way to short easily)

2 Likes

Is it possible to take out the crimped ends from the connector and put them in a different one?

1 Like

yep
super lucky the bms both have the same connector so its gonna be plug and play

1 Like

Thank you!