The battery builders club

the connection between the 2 groups (the 6 cells long to the 3x2 cell ones)

i was gonna do it using 12awg wire but i only have a couple mm to spare on the side
will a nickel connection work there? (it would be from 6 cells to long (1wide) to 3 cells (1 wide))

if not i just am gonna have to do funky bms wiring

12s6p 21700 in a trampa monster box is a tight fit. if anyone has done it please show me how you did bms wiring

2 Likes

If you wanted to do all nickel, you would need something like 50mm nickel folded over the side like this (red). Maybe two layers of 30mm nickel. Then you would need a piece of 30mm where the blue is.

Inked4dd167efeb673d34b2f80af99075630780f9c2cf_2_374x499_LI

1 Like

I think he’s just gonna bridge the two with wire
Speaking of which @Halbj613 I reccomend you use that 16AWG i sent you and do like 5-6 of those, it speads the current out more evenly and is less heat if you want to solder to the tabs post welding

4 Likes

ah cheers man

i want to do nickel as i have roughly 1.5cm of space and its easiest if the bms is on the opposite side. but at that point there isnt space for wires to go. (i will have to see as doing a bms for this pack is gonna require lots of crossovers of leads which is a pita

1 Like

It’s this one, I can’t remember the name, sorry. Bought it in a local skate shop.

2 Likes

Hey @SimosMCmuffin, so the flexi shows the wrong voltage on the first 3 p groups. The first 2 are at 4.03v, the 3rd at 3.7v (dunno if its broken or the flexi mismatched the voltage due wrong readings), and all others are at 4.03v. I have confirmed this with a multimeter. Sooo… what do? Is there a way to fix this?

1 Like

Might be 0.25 or 0.3mm thick. I’ve had 0.3mm nickel that I swore was 0.2mm, until I actually measured it.
I was a moron. So now I measure everything all the time at different locations always. Because…ya know… thoroughness… :grimacing:

Is there a specific reason you didn’t just go with blocks of 2x3 cells? If you mentioned it already,
I apologize. :pray:

2 Likes

blacks of 2x3 are just gonna be more stacked nickel thats all

welding from 2 cells to 2 cells prob isnt enough to carry all the current and therfore its just easiest like this (i think at least)

Ah. I see. Gotcha. :+1:

1 Like

BACK IN STOCK GET SOME BEFORE THEY GONE

5 Likes

I just looked up computer cords on Amazon. I thought it was generic. This fits well so it’s okay?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the standard C13 power cable - They are used on everything.

2 Likes

Yep, that be the nemesis. Nice board!

2 Likes

Only 287 left in stock :expressionless:

1 Like

that’s just enough to make 1 pack :roll_eyes: lmao

2 Likes

I reaaaaaaaaally hate myself for not waiting a few more weeks…already got Sanyo 20700a instead…:sob:

1 Like

if it hasn’t been shipped you can still cancel i guess

1 Like

i bought the cells weeks ago and im already in the process of making a pack with them lmao

1 Like

What’s your preference, top or bottom?

Let's add some context

Should the folded piece of nickel go under or on top of the other nickel?

2 Likes