The battery builders club

@moddedlife maybe you have room for plastic cell holders though?

1 Like

No I don’t but I could 3d print a partial spacer to go into this hole here

Anything that adds a slight bit of room in between the cells won’t work

2 Likes

I don’t think a 3d printed spacer would do much if the cells make contact with one another anyway.

Shame. oh well!

2 Likes

Spicy pillow

6 Likes

How about this?

2 Likes

Too much space in between and I can’t fit staggered Noob question thread! 2020_Summer - #15586 by moddedlife

Yeah that’s a good point. I will not print anything

They’re 22.7mm center to center measurement. But yeah, only staggered. Tight fit tho cells not going anywhere after you assemble it.

1 Like

I am borrowing a boss spot welder from someone on the forum. I have 0.2mm pure nickel. I want to use a car battery. Is there any risk of the spot welder damaging the car battery?

1 Like

Depends of the max CCA of the car battery and how much Amps you’ll be pulling with the boss spot welder

2 Likes

Actually I don’t feel comfortable using a car battery. He has these two lipos in parallel. “3s 5000mah 45c flight max batteries” is that max 450a? Is that enough for 0.2mm nickel?

1 Like

should be enough if you ask me, if you have a car battery with a CCA of 450 or above you wont damage it :wink: car batteries are made to take a beating once in a while btw

1 Like

I did the hot glue part for this. For the silicone is this okay? It smells like vinegar so is it not safe - electrical non-conductive?

1 Like

Acetic silicones can offgas and corrode electrical components. I don’t believe conductivity is an issue.

@MysticalDork or @b264 will likely be able to elaborate further.

3 Likes

Anyone have any recommendations for electronic grade silicone available on Amazon?

Just look for ‘neutral cure’ silicone

4 Likes

This one says neutral curing but doesn’t say electronics under uses. Thoughts? Also there seems to be a scarcity of neutral cure silicone in Canada :pensive:

If it smells like white vinegar (acetic acid) it’s the wrong stuff. If it smells like paint drying (methylethyl ketone oxime) or like your wife’s nail polish remover (acetone) then it’s the right stuff.

GE Advanced Silicone 2*, color clear, in the 2.8oz containers, more than one of them. I buy boxes of twelve tubes but you may only need a couple.

2 Likes

I thought one would be enough :dizzy_face: I’ll have to delay my building and buy higher volume from US

These are also available in the “Paint” section of a local big-box home improvement store like Menard’s, Lowe’s, or Home Depot if you’re in the US.

They’re the only esk8 part I buy offline in the USA.

1 Like