The battery builders club

I’m familiar with kapton. My comment was more in regards to the shrink wrap not completely covering cell. But it’s good that you plan to use fish paper. I hadn’t noticed it in the pic. My bad!

1 Like

Its a bit unusual, I know :smiley: I’m reusing cells from two NESE compression pack batteries and for those I had cut the shrink at the negative side to prevent cutting pieces of it when pushing them in :slight_smile:

This is how i buid mine

17 Likes

balance wires looking niooooce

2 Likes

thankyou @DJ4se

1 Like

How not to build batteries

3 Likes

uuu that is not looking nice

2 Likes

that’s a guaranteed fire ball

2 Likes

How does this connection look

And is this connection enough for a 12s3p?

I would be worried about series current running through these spots

Edit: if the tabs from your cells ran all the way to the other side of your busbar strip it would be a lot better

2 Likes

I didnt think it would matter much because off this

I could do something like this

3 Likes

For piece of mind i think that is the safest bet :+1:

2 Likes

I like to dremel my nickel strip a little before I solder, really helps with the solder sticking

1 Like

Add 2 more on each side? For redundancy? :ok_hand:

I make score marks with a exacto knife.

@Flasher mabye

But hell thats a little over kill for a 12s3p

1 Like

Also, that copper braid looks pretty soldered… looks like it would be pretty much stiff… kinda defeats the purpose of using it

3 Likes

Its tinned so thats how it looks, its semi flexible in its current states.

The middle does look a little rough but still flexes so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Th danger of soldering too much is it makes the fine threads of the braid brittle and prone to breaking with repeated flex

7 Likes

If this is to a somewhat flexible battery you will have problems as time goes on, the braid is soaked in solder, so it can break after a while

3 Likes

Its not a flexible pack so there shouldnt be any problems, its going into a tayto.

3 Likes