The battery builders club

Yeah thanks looks good overall I think

One last thing, get rid of the watermark :wink:

1 Like

I know
Gotta google how

Since you have an Android phone, it should just be a setting in the camera app.

2 Likes

thanks will remove

4 Likes

Oof y’all wanna help? Why is my capacity reading fucked?

1 Like

Is it bypassed?

Ya, bypass 12s2p P42A made by yours truly

Input your total battery capacity to match your battery and set the cycle capacity at 77.5% of battery capacity.
Nothing wrong with how it’s reading now though as your battery is reading 0% at the moment because it’s empty isn’t it?

I mean the battery still has 5.58% left, with the previous settings which ran dead at 3.0V it said 99% when it was at 3.6xV

1 Like

I have a question regarding a123 26650 lifepo4 cells, I read somewhere that if there is a blue spot on the cathode the cell went bad, is it true?

I believe the smart BMS doesn’t track percentage when bypassed because the coulomb counter isn’t counting when no current passes through.

At least mine have never shown percentage :rofl:

1 Like

Oh it’s just useless? I suppose if I run down the pack to exactly 3.00V per cell (or at least close enough), and set the capacities to some number more than the capacity and zero (say 9000mAh and 0mAh), then at full charge the 1.1A/cell capacity would be the final percentage times the arbitrary capacity?

Try inputting the values into the bms as I said in the first part of my post and see if it helps.

1 Like

Be careful buying cells in these trying times fellas :rofl: apparently this came out of a pre built pack

picture jacked from facebook

11 Likes

It’s already too to 3.6v/cell so I will let you know next time I ride

1 Like

Anyone got an idea why this bms dosent balance the last P-group? Group 1->11 is at 4,07v and the last is at 4,12. I bought two bms:es and i have tried both with the same result (D140).
Both of them started heating up then turned off. Faulty or just a bad bms?

2 Likes

Its too big of an imbalance for that bms to balance.

1 Like

gonna try to balance that last group manually then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like