The battery builders club

1 down…11 to go.

4 Likes

@glyphiks and @ZachTetra better? put more fishpaper under the positive insulated the sides and put more between the p groups

4 Likes

That picture isn’t loading

1 Like

If that tucks under the nickel all the way so it overlaps with the rings then you’re good, the outer ends are good thought

2 Likes

yep it tucks all the way in
thanks just making sure all is reasonably good

1 Like

I found this a easy solution to that

12 Likes

I purposely don’t do this as there’s 0 potentchal voltage. fare more important to place it at the sides that’s were I have 2 layers but more never hurts

2 Likes

What do you call this wizardry?

4 Likes

Kind of inspired by the last pack I built with the duckbatteries pcb.

I wanted to get the wiring harness done ahead of time.

So I got that soldered up and soldered to the nickel tab before welding on p groups 1 and 12.

2 Likes

not sure what you mean by at the sides.

I use rings under the nickle on pos ends I do’t use barely paper on the red lines as there’s no voltage potential

I use it between all the green lines as there is voltage potential
Also the green lines have barly paper stuck to the cells on both sides so it’s only barly paper rubbing against barley paper

Foam tape between the 2 sides and keption tape under any tabs you solder

4 Likes

I call them key hole but no idea of there real name

2 Likes

ah yeah i see now thanks gonna do that and keep at least 2 layers of fishpaper between those

started soldering and was wondering the best way to test my joints? i pulled hard and they didnt come undone but vibrations can do that sort of stuff easily

It’s alive.
Once again I can’t believe how much time and effort go into these…

Just got slap some more tape all around and then I can build a board…

8 Likes

Why so much electrical tape?

3 Likes

That looks like wiring harness tape to me. Fairly abrasion resistant. Not garbage like electrical tape is.

4 Likes

Ahh that makes more sense

2 Likes

I having the same problem now only the xapham enclosure is not as wide as the 44 going to have to use a 1/2" gasket

I’m this close to chopping it and making it deeper smh…

2 Likes

Yep.
It is Tesa Tape.
I love the stuff.

To me it’s like a velvety kapton…

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017OECD7W?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

5 Likes

i thought i would just post this here
ive got 13 6p modules of 30t cells they are welded but not soldered. the welds were reasonably good but maybe a little cold.
if anyone wants to take them for cheap just pm me as i dont need them

cheers

4 Likes