The battery builders club

you can make the cables arbitrarily thick, e.g. using 5AWG. I’d then (water ?) cool the probe system only, as most of the heat is picked up from the weld spot itself.

4 Likes

i would be careful with diy water cooling and lots of electricity…

3 Likes

meh, I grabbed both terminals (with both sweaty hands :warning: :exclamation:) of a 12S pack and it only made me quiver a little

3 Likes

The air cooling of the cables made sense to me as it would be the easiest way to get air to the probes and the overall surface would conduct the heat from the tips off well. This outer tubing would connect to the probe holders and pass the air right over them which would help a lot I think. Adding more separate tubes for water cooling and attaching them would make it stiffer but maybe that is not so bad.

For sure want to see your watercooled probe holder design!

Might be too easy to overheat a battery then, but wouldn’t welding an entire battery packs worth of Pgroups without stopping sound really fun hard on your hands?? lol

2 Likes

Where did you source the cells?

4 Likes

Tesla 2170 for esk8

4 Likes

Thanks I mean it’s probably in the thread but how do u know if they are legit @Battery_Mooch have you tested them?

3 Likes

yep in there multiple times

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll dig it out later after work🤙🏼

2 Likes

Is that a triple stack? What deck?

1 Like

Results coming soon but testing from one vendor can’t can tell you if any other vendor is selling genuine Tesla cells or not or whether that one vendor has switched cells at a later date. :frowning:

9 Likes

Thanks man will be eager to see results. What vendor did you purchase from?

2 Likes

Are you aware of any besides BB BIG BATTERY Bigbattery.com?

2 Likes

Hey @Battery_Mooch do you know much about the new molicel cell? 3100mah 25a 18650

4 Likes

How new is this? I’ve never heard of it and it sounds amazing

3 Likes

sounds like a 30q on steroids

4 Likes

No, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Summertime release.

3 Likes

They better have a weldable can this time 🤦

3 Likes

Donations from riders, don’t know from which vendors. Doesn’t matter though as the sources for the vendors change and cells can change at any moment.

7 Likes