The battery builders club

Because it measures voltage across each p group.

For it to do that it needs to connect to the ends of each group. To measure across that group.

Those connections need to be in order so it is only trying to measure across one group each time.

You can easily check this with your meter after it’s wired up by measuring between each pin on the plug (before plugging it into bms)

1 Like

yeah thanks
that was all and thank you

1 Like

Where did these mystery cells come from? Find out on this episode of “Inspector Duck and Constable Google’s Wild and Wacky Adventures Into Conspiracy Theories!”

3 Likes

iirc it was the dots at the bottom from tesla’s laser welding process process to attach the cell level fuses to them

1 Like

Anyone know where to get a 15s non-smart BMS? I might be able to contact DALY. Does shorting the last two pins on a 16s DALY work like it does on a smart BMS to make 15s?

1 Like

I will be stocking some non-standard voltage Daly BMS’s soon :slight_smile:

If you havent already, check out this poll on my vendor thread to let me know what voltage you would like me to stock!

1 Like

so i finished re assembling my pack and it fits enclosure fine
measured 42.6v which seems fine but then i opened the bms app and got this

what could cause it? and is this pack screwed?

Are you sure you wired it correctly? Does it show the same voltages when you measure it with your multi meter?

1 Like

so im trying to get to them now

would one be main negative?

I think you mean b-? Show us a pic of how you wired it

1 Like

Did you connect the main battery - to the BMS? (Not the balance leads one, but the b- )

2 Likes

no i have connected c- yet do i have to?

thought it should read normal values for the moment still?

Dont need to have the c- connected for reading the correct cell voltages

Do this to check it

:joy:

3 Likes

Did you do this connection?

3 Likes

Should jump up 3.5v every step

ah no sorry havent wired b- yet
will do so now and come back

also will measure on the bms thank you

Also take a picture and post it here so we can see what’s your problem (:

Yeah this needs to be connected because the BMS gets confused somehow if it isn’t

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

ah cheers @sebas used your thing and found the dead group

one of the bms leads was torn slightly and i hadnt noticed. gonna reattach and then put together thanks a lot