The battery builders club

I noticed this but no UK shipping option ! Waiting for fogstars

Ugh I need some more battery clients, cash is low

1 Like

hahahhahahahhahahahahahah. no worries, i’m getting my own spot welder soon :slightly_smiling_face:
i may call ou for some help when the time comes tho

1 Like

Is this two .2mm or .3mm sheets on top of each other? If so, whats your process for multiple layers and welding them? Looks super clean.

It’s 2 layers of 30mm * 0.2mm nickel that I cut using a template piece of sheet steel. It’s 6 welds per cell per layer, I do one then the other, then I fold the tab with a fish paper wrapped knife blade, and then 4 welds so it sticks at the end. When I do the series connections I will make sure the solder connects to both pieces and the wire sits on the seam (top layer is about 6mm shorter than the bottom layer) so it has really good ampacity. It’s using a 6Ah Graphene battery and a K-Weld in auto mode with 50J setting (I stop at about 10V because the welds get weak). And thank you for your kind words! It means a lot to me

2 Likes

How’s this pack lookin?

4 Likes

I like it very much! Nice and clean. + your fishpaper cutting skills are fantastic!

2 Likes

Really clean and impressive, Joey.

1 Like

It looks beautiful, the hole punch idea is genius!

1 Like

Who knows how to make an LTT BMS force balance?

1 Like

If you have the XiaoxiangBMS app, you need to turn off “Balance only when charging”

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks

1 Like

Can I ask why I should turn off balance only when charging? Are you using your balancer from the BMS at all?

Thank you,

2 Likes

Pretty sure he wants his bms to be balancing at all times, with the charger plugged in or not.

IMO its a waste of energy

2 Likes

It’s really only necessary to balance while you are charging up the battery. Though if your battery is severely out of balance, it will finish charging before it finishes balancing, which will cut off the balancing and result with a still unbalanced battery. This is when turning off “balancing only while charging” is useful because it allows the battery to balance itself even when it’s not charging.

2 Likes

probbaly a stupid question but just confirming that the balance leads go on the positive nickel piece? and they can go anywhere on it

thanks

What’s your battery situation? I’m having a hard time visualizing it.

1 Like

just finished welding and done most soldering
before i cover the open areas i need to attach balance leads and just confirming i havent done anything stupid and that the balance leads should be attached to the positive

People normally connect to -ve because the can is -ve and it reduces chance of shorts near the connection

1 Like

so on each p group i connect to the negative of the group?

thanks just dumbing it out for me