The battery builders club

I order exactly that a kilo of .2mm x 30mm pure nickel from Aliexpress and I cant wait for it to get here… I placed my order on September 20th. I can’t stand aliexpress.

13 Likes

Yes yes yes!

2 Likes

12s7p with p42a batteries ? :face_with_monocle: looking guuuuud

1 Like

Thanks dude. And thanks for all the tips.

1 Like

Yeppers .
Need range for the tow truck to keep up with my wife’s RadRunner when we tow the kids around.

6 Likes

how much range do you have with the old one vs the new one (expected range ) ?

1 Like

It currently has a 10s4p 40t. And when towing on these gravel trails with a few hills here and there I am barely getting 12 miles.

I really hope to get 20+ with the new pack.

But I’m 235. The trailer is like 25 and the kids are around 40. So… Pretty good amount of weight to move…

2 Likes

you should expect more than 2x range, 1305.36 Wh over 592.
I think 25mi is a solid expectation

also, thats like 53 Wh/Mi

1 Like

Yeah. 25 would be great.

I think when towing I’m sitting at around 38-40wh/mile.

1 Like

nice. does your gearing account for towing? i wonder if the motor is out of its efficient torque band.

1 Like

I am running 10/62

It’s just what I had ob there before which was intended to be the most possible torque without being too slow. So it does hit 25 mph.

When I switch to the 12s I’m going to 9/62.

1 Like

wow thats already crazy short gearing

1 Like

I’m not smart enough to know how to hit this.

The set up is a unity and flipksky 6384 190kv motors.

1 Like

Yeah. That is how I roll on most set ups.
Much prefer torque over top speed.

lol neither am I. I just understand that there is essentially the green line below is efficiency
I figure youd want to hit it right in that peak there for your sort of flat groung cruising torque needs

3 Likes

Where is prof. shart when you need him

5 Likes

Hey dude. Huge thanks for all the photos you put up there.

2 Likes

Hey dude. The end tabs you have sticking out. How did you finish those?

2 Likes

Happy to help :grin:

Not sure how he did his, but on my eMTB batteries I solder a full length of stripped wire or braid along the length of the nickel before I spot weld it to the p-group, then fold it over once the p-group is done.

Like so:

If you already welded the nickel onto your first and last p-groups, then probably dont solder down the whole length, as you are going to want to limit the heat transfer to your cells.

Just do pools of solder evenly spaced like so:

3 Likes