The battery builders club

It all depends on how many amps your charger is. That will determine the type of port.

the most I paid was 3 per cell plus ship.
I don’t always buy 30q tho. I like to find cells for $2 or less and buy a ton. but that’s rare. so maybe 2.50 per cell average for 30q, HG6, Tesla, whatever is hot…

Where are you paying $3 a cell? I haven’t bought cells for a year.

me neither. I have piles still from when there was a glut last year

edit: wait, I just bought teslas for 2.50. very nice cells

1 Like

and I can always do it myself :wink:

lol I just love to try things myself and learn, but I’ll ,try to, keep that in mind :kissing_heart:

1 Like

does it get cheaper than this??

1 Like

how would you test them ?

but for 2$ that’s a steal for sure(compared to the xiaoxiang at 75$ without a BLE)

1 Like

prolly with a 10S pack and see if it charges normally

1 Like

that’s what I thought :joy: if it works well that style of bms’s would be great for us since it’s low profile and can run it bypassed.

just tell me I don’t actually need one cause I know i’d get one rn

1 Like

I’ve got a ton of those from my salvaging days, and the other all pcb style too, theyre fine if you use a 2A max charger, also they burn out easy if having to balance a long time

I had some crazy ideas …

5 Likes

ok so don’t hook it up to one of my specialty horribly unbalanced packs? lmao I see where the $2 price came from, can’t sell that to someone in a board haha.

Maybe charge and ride packs.

2 Likes

Now thats a deal. I seriously might pick up a few.

1 Like

It says in the decription to test if the bms alows over charge.

Volt check on the p groups see if thay charge past 4.25v
Volt check on overall voltage see if it charges past 42v

3 Likes

we don’t, it’s big sad :confounded:

3 Likes

With these dumb BMS, could you just hook up a single group that’s above 4.25 and see if it drains it?

Or does it have to be connected to the charger to balance?

I’d say it probably needs to be on a charger. So the best testing method would be to have ten single cell holders, with nine <4v cells and one >4v cell, and swap them around in the holders to make sure each balancing channel works.

3 Likes

Shameless plug

4 Likes
1 Like

5 Likes

Wow that’s a work of art

1 Like