šŸ”„ The Bandit is Back!

I donā€™t know. I think hummie hubs could be made to work. I donā€™t have any idea about TB or Elofty drives. Some of the horror stories with DD has kept me away from them.

4 Likes

I helped my friend sell his 73 trans am to some extremely hick dude who drove 3 hours each way and smoked 3 cigarettes in the buying process. It had a flat tire and was sitting on the rim but he aired it up and tried to drive it all the way back. I think he made it after dying 1 mile in and then we plugged the alternator back in. He said it was his dream car.

buddy still has his 84 trans am and his baby 99ā€™ overhauled ls1 to 500hp

Iā€™m not a car guy but its pretty cool.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never had the pleasure of owning a TA, I am going to drive a 800hp wide body charger weekend after next though. It has a recorded too speed of 240mph, I think I can do better :grin:.

3 Likes

Direct drive, while it would be awesome, just is simply too wide for a lot of my small builds.

1 Like

You should try a 9kg MTB with nummies, gear drives and dual 6374s.

2 Likes

@mmaner I got a set just sitting on my bench that I have no plans for if you want to really fulfill your dreams!

Iā€™m gonna bake finish these, see what happens. I have 2 other sets too. But I appreciate brother.

Very sexy build! That frit came out great. This is making me re-think what Iā€™m asking Tim to do on my new deck.

Iā€™m just really confused about the orientation of the graphics. Didnā€™t you forget to flip the deck over at some point in the building process? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks I appreciate it.

If you look at the Trans-Am from Smokey and the Bandit, you will see the wings face the back of the car.

I wanted the wings on the deck to do the same thing.

8 Likes

Right but why copy their mistakes?! :laughing:

2 Likes

I thought it weird too first. This now makes complete sense and I can no longer see it differently. Love the build.
Do the motor mount angles now match each other?
Any criticism on those axle mounts?

2 Likes

Its a strange bit of artwork because of that. I thought about putting the ā€œscreaming chickenā€ farther forward, but then my foot would be on it.

Yes, the motor angles match perfectly. @akhlutā€™s axles are perfect, way better than shoulder bolts.

5 Likes

It came out perfect mate, I understood the TA graphic orientation straight away.

4 Likes

this is too awesome!

4 Likes

I honestly feel the same way.

My wife even asked me,

ā€œOh shit, you did his skin upside down?ā€

3 Likes

I, I just dont understand. It looks right when your on the board. I dont see any mistake.

4 Likes

Itā€™s from the driver/riderā€™s perspective, just like on the car. That to me settles it.

5 Likes

Was just meant to be a joke. Probably not a good one, sorry. The main thing is that YOU are happy with it.

1 Like

I love the wet bull/dragon skin of the glass frit job @Sender amazing job! I also love the firebird it would be a perfect logo for my shop, a Phoenix bird reviving from the ashes

3 Likes

@mmaner

Iā€™m anal about stuff

Bring it on!

7 Likes