🔥 The Bandit is Back!

I honestly feel the same way.

My wife even asked me,

“Oh shit, you did his skin upside down?”

3 Likes

I, I just dont understand. It looks right when your on the board. I dont see any mistake.

4 Likes

It’s from the driver/rider’s perspective, just like on the car. That to me settles it.

5 Likes

Was just meant to be a joke. Probably not a good one, sorry. The main thing is that YOU are happy with it.

1 Like

I love the wet bull/dragon skin of the glass frit job @Sender amazing job! I also love the firebird it would be a perfect logo for my shop, a Phoenix bird reviving from the ashes

3 Likes

@mmaner

I’m anal about stuff

Bring it on!

7 Likes

It’s totally not a mistake. One day I noticed that car emblems face the person standing in front of the car, not the driver. So I did this same thing with my logo on my board when I pressed it most recently and it looked right.

At least two people independently coming to the same conclusion on this makes for a solid case in my mind.

3 Likes

I agree, it seemed logical to me anyways. I actually tried the screaming chicken both ways during the build, this orientation was the only one that made sense.

1 Like

Super cool @mmaner. Too bad Burts no longer around to sign it. Someone make a Buford T. Tribute and give chase.

2 Likes

I know right? I loved those movies when I was a kid, still do. I wanna get a little stuffed hound dog, call him Fred & put him on the back :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Someone on IG asked about the specs, figured I’d post them here as well…

Jet Killshot deck, Sender did the skin and frit & I did the artwork
MasterCho enclosure, they are not available any longer
Surf Rodz TKP 177 trucks with Akhut axles (integrated motor mount)
Maytech 6369 200kv motors
18/36 gears
90mm Popoca wheels
FoxBox Unity ESC
10s4p battery pack using LH HG1 cells

On the battery pack I used a 3d printed wedge in the center to separate the groups and add a slight curve from side to side so that is fits the deck better.

7 Likes

I just ordered a set of clear ABEC11 Zoobomb 83mm Wheels from Hoyt for The Bandit build.

They look so cool. If they are as sweet and grippy as ABEC 83mm wheels were back in the day this thing should be sick.

8 Likes

New formula goodness!

3 Likes

It’s funny that tiny wheels or massive wheels are the go to now, but there ya go :grin:. These do look pretty awesome though.

1 Like

I’m tempted to get the clear ones, I recently have started to appreciate small wheels.

2 Likes

My last FlipSky Dual 4.20 Plus just died, replaced it with a Unity I was saving for my kids board. He gets dual FocBox’s now I guess. Also had 2 inserst pull out so epoxied in 2 new ones, we will see how it holds up.

Now I’m just waiting on the new wheels from Hoyt, can’t wait. I was going to use the Mach 1’s but I cant get the clearance I need for them, around 5mm total. I’m hoping the clear Hoyt wheels are a better fit.

3 Likes

New wheels from Hoyt are in and installed. I likey :grin:.

13 Likes

It’s amazing what they can do with urethane nice ride🤙

3 Likes

Thanks. These are plush, I like them.

3 Likes

@mmaner I hope those ride as good as they look! :heart_eyes: almost a shame to get any dirt on them.

2 Likes