The "Baby Blue Racer"!

any screws of that diameter?
might be able to try that

1 Like

M5 should work.

2 Likes

@Schtekarsten yes it’s possible! More info here-

New modular/interchangeable press-fit pulley for Kegel wheels that require no modification to Cal ll trucks!

Still plan on makeing these out of metal but the the machine shop I was talking to sorta switched the price on me last minute so I need to find a new one.

damn you are a fucking genius. how is the lip on the wheel pulley holding up feels like it will be crushed by the bearing and the wheelcore?
well I haven’t tested it myself obviously, cus im still att the stoneage taping and using screws with my 3d printed pulleys.
But 3d prints are weak as fuck when it comes to layeradhesion and especially you haven’t tuned your settings for the materials right.
nylon hybrids is the bomb in my opinion. my taulman alloy 910 is easy as shit to print layer adhesion is out of this world with zero fan and printing as 250-255. quality glue stick for bed adhesion is more than enough. got garolite too but can’t be bothered swapping build plates sins i don’t have any problems either way. my printer is modified to shits though but creasome mod and linear advance is what i’m basing my settings from.

but basically my 910 is outliving my belts by a long shot. probably 500km in on then I can’t really see any visible wear on the teeth, and I ride with 12mm belts, idlers and super lose belt tension. I have heard wonder regarding the Polymaker CoPa. And i guess you could try cheaper filament such as taulman bridge.
so maybe if you use that 12 pegs and get the layer adhesion good and proper i think you might be able to ditch the metal pegs and all the work that goes into it. idk might be worth a try.
But in my opinion toss that petg, asa & abs shit in the garbage, especially when it comes to wheel pulleys.

1 Like

Don’t know if I would go that far😂

It’s holding up just fine but I’ve only got to do a mile on the pulleys until the prongs started snapping.

@mishrasubhransu I just made a version with the press in pins and it came out great! I’m actually fairly confident in it!

5 Likes

abs?

1 Like

Looks great. Let us know if it worked out in the end.

2 Likes

No, pls plus. From my experience it may be even stronger than abs.

1 Like

I’ve now got around 25 miles on this board and I’m very happy with it! it handles great (I now understand why @b264 loves these short old-school type decks) and packs quite a punch!

I have yet to drain the battery fully but I hope to do a range test soon. the top speed is around 23 mph and I truthfully don’t want to go any faster on such a short deck. I don’t understand how @b264 manages to go 30+ mph on such short decks. I had to get back used to riding urethane again as I’ve been spoiled with 6 inch pneumatics on my daily driver for the past 6.5 months. I’m really impressed with the orangatang caguamas however they do get really dirty really fast!

I would like to give a thank you to @mishrasubhransu for the press in dowel idea as that is the only reason by board is in currently in working order!

3 Likes

@b264 is this board getting used and abused to you standards😂

6 Likes

Sweet :slight_smile:

No trailer queens :smirk:

5 Likes

mhhh… i would say @b264 is just missing a handle on this one so far :wink: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Compact and quality! Love it! Great work !

2 Likes

How is this board holding up? Curious

1 Like

I haven’t been in the US since the end of August 2020 so I have not ridden it since then. But as of when i left it was in great shape! At some point I want to switch to aluminium pulleys but besides that I’m really happy with this board!

Because this board has a modular battery pack I was able to travel with it and it has become my daily driver instead of the “baby blue racer”

4 Likes

Oh nice, do you have a thread for that one?

1 Like

I do not however it may be time to put one together!

1 Like

I used to think the neo deck was small, until i got it. Its a boat made by an incompetent guy, for some reason your board looks very nice though.

But i dont have anything but hate for the deck exept that the milling is done very well.

2 Likes

Yeah, the fit and finish of the deck I received definitely seems to be notch above some of the other ones sent out. I have not been easy on mine and its been holding up great! And yes, it is much bigger then people think!

2 Likes