Demonseed Rebuild - custom CF deck, SRB trucks, 12s7p p42a, 6380

Good build, keep it coming

3 Likes

Love the enclosure! Let me look up mine, did it nearly exactly the same as you!

TWINSIEEES

13 Likes

Quadruplets :joy:

Nice work so far bro!

16 Likes

I’m digging the maroon color, and nice finish on your enclosure! Great to see that it works.

Wow, what a pro finish! Interesting choice to glass over the pass through, did you need to raise the clearance?

2 Likes

Its a saga dude :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

damn dude nice work, I really like those glass plates you make.

1 Like

What date did you order your BMS? Also nice work m8

6/23 paid for the fast shipping, hopefully they’re not on lockdown or something. Your hummie build looks pretty similar too, nice battery design. What do you think of the Maker X?

Yeah I’m waiting for some things, one of those being the BMS, but I ordered it yesterday so I wouldn’t expect it for a while. There are somethings from Ali express that I need too (charger, heatshrink, some things) that will take a while. Not in a big hurry yet

6/23 huh that’s only 7 business days, not too bad yet.

I think my Makerx dv4 is great so far, no comment on the one for the hummie yet since it has not been powered on yet. By visual inspection I have no issues with the PCB though haha

1 Like

Great enclosure work!

4 Likes

nice work with the enclosure!
dis gonna be good

Couple of minor updates: I wasn’t satisfied with the finish on the enclosure last time so I sanded it down and applied another thin pigmented polyester resin coat which came out much more uniform. Calling this one done minus drilling for the machine screws.

I’ve got a bunch of fiberglass materials left over so I thought I’d try a negative mold as a side project, taking a page out of @glyphiks book

¼” ply and ½” ply to conform to the shape of the deck, sanded the top then clamped one more layer of ¼” over that to smooth out the undulations in the first two layers.

independence day margarita

shaped the plug then filled the gaps using fumed silica and sealed using several layers of polyester resin.

to be continued…

Back to the main build: after assembling the kWeld I started on the battery. Here’s the first P-group, hot glued together and welded 0.15 x 8mm pure nickel (no sparks when rounding off the corners using the dremel, good sign)

37J seemed like a good setting for the nickel-on-cell welds.

The folded-over bus bar seemed like one of the cleaner options for a flat pack in this configuration. I’m planning on soldering two or three 14 awg silicone wires for the series connections.

missing the negative bus bar, 26J still seemed a little hot for nickel-on-nickel welds.

9 Likes

Looking sweet bro!

2 Likes

from afar it looks like there’s a subtle camo pattern on the enclosure

These homemade enclosures are sick

3 Likes

Looking brilliant dude :ok_hand:

What’s ur power source for the Kweld? Presently building mine and will be running 2 X 5000mah graphenes in parallel.

just the one, I’ve only started using it today so I can’t honestly say whether it’s enough Ah or not. I seem to have an issue with blowing holes in the nickel rather than under-welding them :laughing:

2 Likes

Good to know. My impression from reading a ton about it is that 1 is def plenty of juice but 2 in p will have much longer lives cycle-wise. Watching the build w interest, dude. Good luck :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Are you using the probe holder? If you are, take it off and throw it in the closest bin :+1:

3 Likes

just my natural probe holders :pinching_hand:

6 Likes