No messing about here.
Love seeing this come to life.

5 Likes

Thats my style lol.

1 Like

Have seen the Hoyt deck

1 Like

Dudes.
I gotta try some of these carving techniques.

Been skating too long.
Don’t think about it.

Gonna try to think about it some and do some of that crazy pointing my back foot forward…

4 Likes

This is me every time I get on the board now. I’m getting there, surprising myself more day to day. I even made that impossible low speed toe-side turn on the narrow paving of an Aussie sidewalk today. Can get some real quick sharp carves at speed now too.

2 Likes

We want moaaar!

1 Like

I just took it for a spin, leg powered.
Its far to flexy to use with an enclosure and the flex is a major mismatch with those bigass trucks and 107mm wheels. I will swap it to some smaller trucks and wheels for my afternoon skate today and see how that goes.
I think the drop down angle induces flex just by standing on it. Design flaw right there.
I can go 2 ways now, stick with 100% bamboo, change to 7 ply and add some triaxial fiberglass or change to a hardwood.

It was fun to ride though, I made my own deck in 3 days and rode it on the 4th day. Self high 5 right there lol.

I will definitely go into production AFTER I get my shit perfected.

10 Likes

Think about making the big circle with your hips, everything else just fades away into subconscious and muscle memory.
When Im snowboarding I even time my breathing with my turns, I think theres something to be gained by matching the timing.
Perhaps its a portal to our subconscious mind. Shreditation lol

3 Likes

Fast esk8s love stiff decks.
One of the most successful decks out there is the Landyachtz Evo and it is 10 ply maple.

3 Likes

Cricket bats

2 Likes

As a non commonwealth citizen I am confused by this statement :thinking:

1 Like

Stiff AF lol.

1 Like

Lol, it still flexes.
This is a previous iteration of my board with a different enclosure.

1 Like

Flex rating 11/10

1 Like

Im a little shocked how much this board feels like snowboarding.
I keep scraping the deck on the road mid turn so I need bigger wheels. I went to put the 107s on and found both inside bearings on the front truck now refusing to slide off.

I need to get this deck on big wheels and risers asap

1 Like

6 inch nummies

2 Likes

Thanks for the carving advice will try it out. Nice to see how fast the deck designing can be!

1 Like

Is this on your Haero only or do you have other style boards you have tried as well?

1 Like

I only have one board. Hopefully sometime in the not too distant future I’ll have more, but for now it’s the Haero board on channel trucks.

1 Like

So I did 17 miles today and tried pointing my back foot forward instead of backwards.

I did this on my 42 in Demonseed mounted on dropped through rkp trucks with 220 mm hangers 50 degrees based on 118mm cloud wheels…

I think of this board as giant and it takes effort to turn.

This forward forward stance is kind of interesting and I want to try it more.

Heel side turna are easy but I think they were already easy… Toe side I kind of have mixed feelings about.

I tried to think about bringing my front knee in and swinging my front arm.

I kind of think this ff stance deal might have helped with my back foot fatigue…

More to come.

2 Likes