The Art of Carving

Thats my front knee, not sure if I had it open or closed at the time lol

1 Like

Ouch. Sorry, man.

2 Likes

Its my fault bro, the pads and helmet were in my wardrobe. . .

3 Likes

This video is one of the better demonstrations I’ve seen. Really well done man, what you’re showing has familiar resonance here (surfing/DH background).

Welcome to the community! Awesome to have people bringing fresh viewpoints to the mix.

PS: Glad to hear the pooch is okay. The berry looks to be a good one

4 Likes

Cheers mate. I will produce a better, unrushed version with a voice over audio track in the not too distant future, but the body positions are certain there to see in this one.

The pooch just looked at me like bro you need to get your shit together lol

1 Like

Referring to this? :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Ive got a new project.
Im going to make a deck that fits 12s6p in this config. Routed in to the deck.
I want to keep it as close as I can to this 76cm wheelbase as like the turn radius.

3 Likes

Well I put a few hours into the mastercarve today and Im really surprised by the trucks. They turn beautifully but I know they will bend on me in short time.
The deck is not so great for carving however. Theres way too much concave and its in all the wrong places for me.
There is no flat part to the concave laterally and has a destabilizing effect on my foot posture.
One big curve across the entire deck isnt good, flat with a kick up where the toes are is what is needed.
Which brings me to another point of dissatisfaction with the deck, that for all its concave. There is none where my big toes are, and all the toe side power is delivered by the big and second toe.
To put it bluntly, I got no support and lots of destabilization from the concave. It feels like paddling down the river in a canoe.

You can see that where my big toe wants to sit in the front pocket that the board is quite flat.

6 Likes

I really look forward to seeing what you cook up here.

2 Likes

I drew it out and marked where my toes sit. Im going to make the new deck so that it has nice complete camber pockets all the way around the nose and tail

6 Likes

Can I pick one of these up when I pop over to pick up my snowboard?:grin:

3 Likes

Ill probably press a few extras lol

2 Likes

No 2 please!
I can knock out an enclosure. (I’m sure you’re more than capable of this yourself)

2 Likes

Im going to make the deck slightly thicker with a neat routed lip underneath so an enclosure can finish flush with the deck height, easy to carry in hand

5 Likes

You’re in Aus right mate? Interested in your board. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Im Aussie but live in Japan.

3 Likes

Im going to raise the deck height above the motors for clearance, then drop it down to create a back foot pocket to my liking, then add a front foot pocket that works with angled FF stance.
I like motors in for crash protection of the motors and it wont cost me any enclosure space at all.

It seems Im making a directional esk8 deck

9 Likes

I got the form mold half built today. I think Ill have the first deck pressed tomorrow if Im lucky

5 Likes

What you see will be the top of the deck. I worked out how to really increase motor clearance too, the tail will be 9mm higher than the nose and I will use a 3mm spacer in the front with a 14mm spacer in the back.
Geometry stays the same but I gain bulk clearance.
It has 19mm drop btw.

4 Likes

Please video of the glue/resin squeezing out. It will get @glyphiks turned on fast.

3 Likes