The Acoustic | Custom Ziricote Veneer on Carbon Hummie | Custom leather wrapped BigBen enclosure | DKP | 10s4p Samsung 30q battery | 72kv Direct Drive motors | 120mm Foamies/Clouds | 2019 HobbyWing DD ESC and Remote

I love the board and the write up! It was both super helpful and super amazing to see it come together! I was hoping to build something pretty similar but a bit beefier with a composites twist to it but I am just in the planning stages still so consider this post bookmarked and referenced often! The only thing I would like to see is a price and link to parts. But all in all absolutely AMAZING!!! :100::star::star::star::star::star:
EDIT: Please keep the bare edges I agree that it makes the colors of the wood/cf contrast stick out more!

2 Likes

I will try to find time to update and post lists of parts with links. It may have to be in the new year as holiday travel and infant duties eat up a lot of the upcoming weeks. Meanwhile, if you have any specific parts or materials you are curious about, feel free to ask and Iā€™ll do my best to get back to you @Papa_Ocean ā€“ thanks for taking the time to read through and sharing the stoke!

3 Likes

Donā€™t stress it too much. Iā€™m gone for the holidays too. But whatever you could do would be fantastic!
Do you remember the trucks and hangers you used?

1 Like

A dark blue tint stain might do the trick

1 Like

Tint where? Edges?

1 Like

My dude, itā€™s been a while. How is it holding up? I wonder how it would look with TB 110ā€™s :thinking:

4 Likes

Its going great!! Holding up just as beautifully as the start!
I couple months ago I started using these ā€œdash matsā€ for grip and iā€™ve been loving it.
Itā€™s super grippy, removable, easy to move around, and rinses perfectly clean with just water when i need toā€¦ That way I can still admire the Ziricote and Carbon when iā€™m charging/displaying it in my living room ;p

picked up a set of 4 mats on Amazon for 10 bucksā€¦

They come in many sizes. this one works great for me.

I swap them around with my carbon deck too

With a simple wipe down of the deckā€™s surfaceā€¦ The mat CLINGS super clean to it and removing is truly effortless as there is no ā€œadhesive glueā€ like traditional grip tape.

Love it!

16 Likes

This is gnarly man, u got the direct link? Searched for dashmats and 200 came upā€¦

Dash Mat on Amazon

2 Likes

Just read through and Iā€™m pretty blown away. Sender makes some kick ass shit but what you made here is truly elegant and completely unique in its beauty. Itā€™s like Modern meets Rustic, old school skate meets new age skate, like a symbiotic existence between Nature and Machine. You rightfully deserve the title of best build Iā€™ve seen so far, Grats dude.

7 Likes

Hey Tom, thanks for the kind words brother! And thanks for takin the time to read through it as well :slight_smile:
I appreciate that you saw my attempt to marry the ā€œorganic vs industrial.ā€ I love looking at it as much as I enjoy riding it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know itā€™s been a while but since Iā€™m actually getting my build together and how I was thinking pretty similarly to your build how is it holding up? Any structural issues with where you routed out for the trucks?

1 Like

Hey thanks for checking in, yup everything is looking great and feeling great. Zero issues thus far and keeping up with maintenance, cleaning, and lubing.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear. Do you by chance know if boardnamics adjustable trucks work as a drop through or will I need to mount them below?

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, I do not have firsthand info for those trucks, but looking at the pic I would say yes it is possible to route out the deck for the baseplate, but it would also need an extra slot routed out for the nut that allows you to adjust the angle to drop through as well. The only real Issue is that youā€™ll have to undo all four bolts from the deck and pull the baseplate up and out any time you want to adjust the angle of the trucks. Not a big deal once youā€™re happy with your setup. But it wonā€™t be ā€œfastā€ to adjust.

Sorry for digging up older threads - Iā€™ve been reading through the top builds of all time.

But this is the most beautiful build Iā€™ve ever seen. Truly, no exaggeration, a work of art. Itā€™s obvious how much time, care, and attention to detail went into this. Itā€™s inspiring, especially when itā€™s easy to get caught up in the excitement of a build and rush through.

14 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @sleepless :slight_smile: !

5 Likes

Yeah, I probably will be willing to take that risk. Thanks!

1 Like