ThaNoS_Short AT commuter_ ChooChoo deck | MAD Fury DD | Hammock Adj Base Plate | Haggy 6" / TB110mm wheels

Yeh thought the same :joy:. No I am fine with it. Probably two more coming and sanding runs would get to a better quality but it’s plenty good for me. It’s really smooth already

Just woke up…fully dried look

6 Likes

What are the community BMS and Shamen’s ESC ? I am designing a 14s BMS (protector + balancer) for a customer in industry, will it help for the community ?

Whats your instagram man ?

1 Like

I don’t have it :sweat_smile: I don’t like social platforms except this forum. Maybe I should make it to have a collection of evreting. Now it’s just spread around the forum.
Btw sick mill what you are getting :grin:

5 Likes

It helps everybody to see your updates easily at a glance… and I couldnt understand your last sentence :slight_smile:

I meant sick CNC mill you are getting. I only so the spindle part not sure is a router or an actual mill.

1 Like

@bigben @Linny In case of painted enclosure fmdo you add a layer of protection afterwards? Like a varnish or so?

1 Like

aha I got it now :slight_smile: Sorry about my poor English… The machine will do the side cutting and engraving of the decks… Its not so powerful now but will be ok for slow-mo action :slight_smile: I had many experiences on other control electronics but never builded a CNC router before, everything is ready, just need to plug the cables in and program the CNC shield… But, I have to overcome the last part lazzyness :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, i use the truck bedliner spray on all enclosures now. If you can find a similar product in EU, go for it.

Alternatively, you can go for a paint color of your choice, and then spray a clear coat be it gloss or matte, to protect the paint. Try to use the same brand when choosing paint and clear coat.

This is like if the Lacroix was drinking beers instead of getting ripped.

1 Like

Can’t you make the negative form of your enclosure with your CNC? This way you can lay the fiberglass from the inside and get 100% smooth surface.

no my router is too small so when I did the positive mould for vacuum forming had to be divided in 3 parts. So much time. I now have a CNC mill that it’s not made for wood but will work too but I have too many projects to focus on. Personally I am happy with the result, It looks more than fine for me.

2 Likes

Ah ok cool! Whihc spec does it have? like ballscrews, linear guide rails ecc…?

1 Like

ahahahahah

I will try to see if I find a clear coat then.
Concernig the 2K I found this one that is the US version https://www.amazon.de/RAPTOR-Transportflächen-Beschichtung-schwarz-Spray/dp/B07JQXFG8Q/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=raptor+2k&qid=1562136204&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Can I applied it above painted enclosure? I guess so. It will also cover imperfections.

This one seems good, you can go for this.

1 Like

my question is what do you do with the left over paint? Like the bed liner is 2 components so after you have done with the enclosure do you throw away the rest of it?

That’s the con of 2k sprays. You have to use everything once you activate it to make your moneys worth. I usually have more than one item to spray, like a couple remote casings, or another enclosure.

You couuuuuuuld spray everything from the can, to the enclosure. Would make it really durable haha. But try to spray in 20 min intervals, and do thin coats. Avoid spraying too thick, especially for a clear coat as it can cause it to become a bit foggy than clear.

1 Like

thanks for suggestion. I could paint as crazy some walls :rofl:

Of course I gladly share the details… The CNC can operate on an area of 30 cm x 95 cm, it has linear rail + linear shaft on y axis, linear shafts on Z and X axis… The X axis movement is done by the table, not the router head… Body construction was done with sigma profiles + 3mm laser cut parts + 3D printouts… It has 2 amperes step motors (max that the shield can handle)… It has an arduino cnc shield for control and I will use autodesk fusion360 for cad & cam (may be I also use my dear old friend solidworks for cad too)…
The forum system warned me that I replied 3 times to you… :pleading_face: they will kick me out Iam afraid… so I can explain anything if anyone ask me by sending a message :+1:

1 Like

Didn’t know there was a limit in the number of reply. Never encountered before.
Anyhow really nice specs. A part from the linear rail that are fantastic I like the choice of having the fixed head, in mill machine style. Way more rigid like that. What spindle are you gonna use? It can also mill aluminium nicely with these specs. Of course depends on the Z axis range you have. Nice machine. In my case I preferred to go with a general breakout board and command the CNC with Mach3. I also use Fusion for CAD and CAM.

If you can not reply now it’s fine too, don’t worry.

1 Like