ThaNoS_Short AT commuter_ ChooChoo deck | MAD Fury DD | Hammock Adj Base Plate | Haggy 6" / TB110mm wheels

This seems promising for the intended application

Speed of sagging media to vacuum and reuse of what you already have, extension really

4 Likes

Nice. My ABS was sagging the same. I can see that has to be faster the switch to vaccum and need a more power heat gun to help it out. Plus ABS for enclosure eos thinker so need more attention. I will see. Thanks for the video.

1 Like

Wanna see you win at this, I bet you can just more testing and rig refinement then it will be an asset

/workshop envy

2 Likes

I made an oven for kydex out of aluminum covered insulation foam and 4 400w heatlamps. It worked like a charm. Took about 3.5minutes to heat 3mm kydex.

28 Likes

Fantastic. That what I need! Did you make a post about it?

2 Likes

No I didn’t, but I can write up a list for you, it was super easy to make and you can make it what ever size or number of lamps you want.

Also probably cost about $100? Maybe a little more or less, the heat lamps are the expensive part.

1 Like

I’ve watched a ton of kydex vids, almost all of them help it out with a heat gun and a piece of timber to help the hard edges get definition

1 Like

You should definitely make a thread about it and encourage people to post their setup. It will be a hit thread.

5 Likes

For sure, I’ll share the write up as a post, but that’s the only picture I have of it. I ended up not needing it anymore and sold it.

2 Likes

Well. I would still read it :joy:

Ho nooooo >.<
Yes, don’t geave up too quick ! you alrady got a good setup (to me ^^ yes ok I don’t know that much, but you make some tools for this !).
Hope the next ty will be the good one :muscle: !!

// really insterested too with those abs vaccum thing, I think it could be a good solution for my fender instead of 3D print :blush:

I think once you get it right allows you to make a lot of nice things, since you can also use 3D printed molds in case of few forming needed. I am gonna buy another heater, unmount it and make a unique bigger one. Then mount it on top and the ABS underneath. That is a more classic setup so hope it will work next time. I will have 8 heating elements for 3200W. I hope the electricity won’t drop in the apartment :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Alessio your babies have landed!

16 Likes

Grate! Super happy you go it! I am really curious to try these motors. I hope they are good.

1 Like

This is all temporary until the choo choo board is ready for group buy, but I’m curious about these 60kv Mad Furys and bergmeisters.

Since @rey8801 is too busy filling GB orders to build his own board ;), I thought I’d throw something together.

Progress so far:

Should be ready for maiden ride tomorrow, first time for me for pneumatics. I’m sure I’ll lose half the screws as usual :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Nice. The GB are finished Btw. It’s just my daily life that take me away from build my board :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was gobsmacked that you had enough time to run a girlfriend as well!

Underground workshop or meth lab? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

And a PhD. Yeh I am well organised let’s say, but there are period of the year where I can dedicate more at the MAD Lab stuffs for maybe 2 months, as I just did it, and then I am completely blocked for months to come. Let’s say that I don’t sit that much :joy: I can’t remember the last time I spent time on a couch. For the people around me, I am the mad, not what I do :unamused:

The workshop it’s in the basement and part in the garage. Then time to time moves on the street or in the garden :blush:

5 Likes

We can tell how busy you like life, great zeal!

Tell us when we have to address you as Dr. @rey8801

3 Likes

ahahah with this pace I still need some time, unfortunately. Fighting with Journal’s review process at the moment, to get the paper out :nauseated_face:

2 Likes