ThaNoS_Short AT commuter_ ChooChoo deck | MAD Fury DD | Hammock Adj Base Plate | Haggy 6" / TB110mm wheels

So I think I have the solution for you. So even in my elofty, if I tried to push a lot of current at start it would definitely make a weird sound and not deliver the full power, even though you are trying to push a lot of current into it. I thought it was because the motor was saturating. BUT NO, it’s actually cogging due to inaccurate estimation of erpm by the ESC.

So by default the VESC tool uses a erpm cutoff for sensored commutation. The default setting was 4000. that 4000erpm is reached pretty fast because we have a lot more magnets(yours is 28 and mine is 20) than regular motors. So basically it runs unsensored after that, this causes the cogging.

I bumped by motor_cfg->FOC->encder->sensorless ERPM=10000. and wow, the startup power is refreshing. You should set it to even higher because you have more magnets. Please give this a try and let me know how that works for you.

5 Likes

Woah, there’s a bumper?! Lemme at em!

1 Like

Damn never thought about it. Thanks a lot! If I have the chance I will give it a try. Now I am really pleasant with the 110mm wheels. I don’t think I can get the same torque with the AT wheels and I have several hills where I live. I will try the trick with the 110mm wheels. I don’t have clogging there but wanna see of I feel any difference. The trick of active braking was a game changer :wink:

1 Like

I will post the file, it’s really simple but I like because it’s small. Although you need the first p
Hole free not for al the decks.

1 Like

I hope we can get it through. We are 3 at the moment btw :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s because we have to push in a lot more current with pneumatics than with thane, the cogging is noticeable. Yeah, I wonder what the effect will be with 110mm wheels.

1 Like

Here if you want to try. Then a M5 30mm and little M5 nut to install it.

4 Likes

Where can I sign up to purchase a deck and enclosure? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeh sure. I am in Canada for work right now. I will make a Google form for it. Just few decks. I think we are 5 already. I will also calculate the cost and share the price for the deck.

5 Likes

Awesome! Keep us posted

1 Like

Ayyy what part of Canada? Guessing east coast?

British Columbia :blush:

Ahhh ofc its the best of the bunch :stuck_out_tongue: did ya manage to bring a board with ya?

1 Like

No damn but here would be amazing with an esk8. So nice road and spared trucks. I am franking out without a board :joy:

Question if you don’t mind, what are the measurements for the enclosure? I’d like to start planning asap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry guys I was trying to se t a good deal with the factory. 10 decks for them is nothing so difficult to get them interested. Anyhow I got the deal done. I will post all the details in a separate thread but I think we are talking about 125$ each for 10 decks. Deck is around 31inch, really compact as I wanted but unbelievable comfortable and stable. It’s made of maple, pressed and CNC. Central groove is 430x180x7mm (lowest point, since the deck has ergonomic shape, is not flat). You need a 14mm tall enclosure. At least that what I used.
It can host up to a 11s4p if you play with the layout.

12s3p is really easy to fit and that what I use.

For enclosure we will involve @BigBen to have a top notch solution, but of course you can make your own if you prefer. I advice to wait the deck for that since the shape is not flat, but has a specific concave that is what makes it great to me.

9 Likes

Here we go guys :wink:
ChoChoo GB

3 Likes

@rey8801, what is the flex like in the deck? Also would you say that the comfort+stability in your deck comes from the angled/raised ends or something else?

1 Like

Flex zero. The frame is too thick.
Conform is amazing. The trick is not to have the feet on the trucks and on another level. Stability is from shape and concave since allow you to be really close to the ground.

1 Like

By concave you mean the shape along the length right? This shape right -> front \_____/ back

1 Like