ThaNoS_Short AT commuter_ ChooChoo deck | MAD Fury DD | Hammock Adj Base Plate | Haggy 6" / TB110mm wheels

I have this adjustable baseplate wich I’m going to pair with my TBDD and ChooChoo deck. I’ll share with you my impressions once I try it.

1 Like

No problem.
I made the Hammock with 2 adapters.
RKP fits all the caliber, parys, kahua truck styles. You can see the link to pictures in the first post in the Hammock’s thread. So is not just my DD but whatever use that truck style.
TKP is SR because these are precision truck.
Concerning the elofty we would need someone with elofty truck and SR TKP to test whether they can fit.
From the elofty you can remove a king ping and use it as single kingpin

1 Like

Cool! Can you perhaps briefly explain what is the advantage of this adjustable baseplate in combination with DD? May be this is also a solution for me?

What would you recommend in my case if I want to have something carvy and with the possiblity to make tight turns (speed is secondary) to use together with TB DD and have to increase the height from ground to board in order to use pneumatic tires?

RKP turns less than TKP that for sure. What base plate angle do you have on your TB DD? 50 degree?

I only have the standard configuration which I bought from https://diyelectricskateboard.com. I will have to measure the angle.

Just measured the rear trucks: 52° degrees is what I got (if I measured that correctly ;-)).

They are 50 degree. Is written in the description.
So you are already at the limit. Then I would suggest to add a 10mm riser to start with (you can print them as well) and but some softer bushings. Barrel (board side) and cone (Street side). That will increase a lot the turning radio

2 Likes

Unfortunately, 10 mm riser will not be enough for that deck together with pneumatic tires, I guess; however, I will have to check more precisely again.

You’re not going to get pneumatics working on a topmount deck like the tesseract. You need a deck with cutaways for the wheels.

1 Like

ah no with pneumatic you need to do something like @Linny did it with his spud or potato declk. You need way wider trucks and tall. I think you better change deck or drive. Plus DD with pneumatic will suck a lot in torque.

1 Like

And current TB DDs are not recommended for AT wheels anyway. Pretty sure that came from Dexter himself.

1 Like

yeh i owuld bet that as well. You need a way lower KV but moreover bigger stator to sustain torque with 6inch tyres. OR probably a 4wd will do the trick as well.

Did anybody of you guys try this https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-4-25-hubs-for-tbdd-or-elofty with the TB or elofty DD and 6 or 8 inch wheels?

yes and as we already said it the torque is disappoiting. Is not a problem of the DD. They are powerfull but not made for 6 inch wheels. 8 even worse.

1 Like

I have those, and asked Dexter from Torqueboards. He told me that it won’t work well.

Anyway, I’ll try it on January and post my impressions here, but I don’t really have any expectatives.

2 Likes

That setup is very similiar, if not identical, to what I had in mind.

Thanks a lot for the discussion, it has been very helpful for me (wanted to say this earlier, but the number of posts for me per day was limited). So far, and since this is my first build, I have learned that the Cantellated Tesseract is not the right deck for all terrain wheels and neither is TB’s current direct drive, since it does not provide enough torque for 6 or 8 inch pneumatic wheels.

But what about Subsonic’s “Century 36” (https://www.subsonicskateboards.com/collections/custom/products/custom-century-36) or “Ruse 39” (https://www.subsonicskateboards.com/collections/custom/products/custom-ruse-39); do you think these boards are at least compatible with AT wheels?

Basically, I want to build something light that can also go uphill offroad. I have a Trampa MTB with a spur gear drive which weighs about 20 kg and while this board is unparalled in its power it very limited in its use, e.g. it is too heavy to carry up many stairs at work, it does not turn very well (large radius) etc.

2 Likes

There is a guy selling subsonic setup on ebay in the UK. I really want it but for some reason he raised the price by £50 and its pick up only

2 Likes

You should create a new topic so we can get out of Alessio’s thread.

2 Likes