Tempoboard by DEAF Launch

I also agree with what people above have said but this has rung most true for me. It looks like a refined noob post. Like well educated but “yeah I’m gonna upgrade it in 6 months so dont bager me.” You have good content here I think it just needs to be repackaged to look better and…

UPDATE the product photos. In my opinion they could be much better and they NEED to have the latest hardware in it otherwise it is false marketing, no? Even worse, it is false marketing, but like opposite, worse than your real product lmao

3 Likes

Yeah, I forgot that in my answer. It is the same as with the mail address. If you would really make an effort here it isn’t hard or too expensive to have a professional photographer take real product photos or to setup a real mail address. But both make a big difference.

As a little defense for the pricing, if you provide excellent customer service then the additional cost is warranted. I build and sell esk8s for a living. People that buy prebuilt boards can’t fix shit and rely on you for all of their maintenance. If you have to pay for expedited shipping on a heavy esk8 to keep a customer happy, that can easily cost $250. Then you spend a day working on their rig. Time is money. So if you provide world class customer service, I’d sell it for more. Customer service is expensive.

2 Likes

Provide a world class product and service should be minimal.

Maybe just me but at this price point my board better not need services. I’d expect this from a
4-600$ Prebuilt, not a $1500.

Should all consumers pay additional for the one or two for some odd reason your overnight shipping across the country?

2 Likes

Send a deck too eboosted and get a more appealing enclouser that can house a bigger battery.

9 Likes

Things go wrong with well made boards all of the time. Just look at the forum. I also spend a lot of time helping people understand the meaning of end-user error. Additionally, I fix things that aren’t my fault because good reviews are valuable. It all costs money.

What I am trying to say is that starting a business isn’t easy and there are a lot of cost factors being left out by the above critiques. For instance if you make esk8s for people all day long you need liability insurance. If you don’t, your stupid. Everything costs money. If you want value, build your own.

I also understand that there are large companies that can make boards at low prices, I personally don’t find anything interesting about supporting them. That’s my two cents… but I only own and operate a successful, small-batch esk8 company, so I obviously don’t know shit. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

First of all, Thank you Everyone for your feedback.

We really appreciate it, we just begun our journey and a lot of valid points have been brought up and we will adjust accordingly.

However at the end of the day the people on the forum are not our target market. Your wants and needs are different in some aspects from our target market.

We went to this forum first because we know we will get honest feedback from people who know what they are doing and will show our sloppy spots.

To address a couple of current issues, setting our price at 1450 is for a reason, the cost to buy parts, ship to the customer, and provide support is very expensive starting out so our profit margins are low but still high enough we won’t go out of business.

Our board will feature more options in the future electronics wise but it takes time.

Enclosure design has been our biggest gripe, as we have spoke with many different manufacturers however they lack interest in low volume sales so we had to go with a basic design for now. We will look into collaborating with eboosted into designing an aesthetic enclosure.

At the end of the day, this is our Minimum Viable Product, its not meant to be perfect but to get something out into the market. Our current specs of 34MPH and 15 Miles of range full speed in unmatched within the price point for a prebuilt.

If you want to meet us in person, we will start attending DC esk8 sessions starting Mid January.

Thank you again for all your feedback.

3 Likes

You know what if I would have seen this board before I got in the forum I would have bought this ( that’s if I didn’t know about bkb either)

For those old enough to remember: This thread was like watching Merv Griffin sing.

1 Like

It’s all been said already, but I think you really need to know your target consumer, at this price point, they will have done their homework and probably have a good idea of the value of the parts. Hit the drawing board and see where you can make the most cost effective improvements.

1. Enclosure, maybe you can learn to vacuum bag and make your own carbon fiber ones.

2. Give that deck some pop, color the wood, add a logo, custom grip tape etc.

3. Make sure your specs match the display

4. maybe don’t use so off the shelf looking mounts. They don’t look so spectacular in the photos.

1 Like

How vital are sealed motors? I don’t see an issue with a brushless motor + water. Is it just because the bearings will be ruined very quick?

Copper windings unsealed gets wet? That’d be a short, right?

No?
5Char

2 Likes

Yeah but sealed motors are not waterproof how do you think the motor spins?

Magnet wire is insulated, everything in the motor is insulated. There may be a couple solder joints without conformal coating, like I would put a layer on the sensor board. But I havent seen any issues with the stator?

2 Likes

They’re not always insulated, nor have conformal coating. There’s some pics in the elofty thread where the windings are clearly bare copper.

I think the more readily used motors have sealed windings tho.

And I meant sealed windings, not the motor can itself.

Aren’t all motor windings enamel coated? I’d only be worried about shorts on the hall sensors and corrosion to the motor bearings

4 Likes

Retweet

7a7086087d824b3a3dbbe653d36de04eae5f8a67_2_750x1000~2

Anyone else notice two different motor pulleys.
I agree with @BillGordon go back to the drawing board and come correct .

Thats a good call going with an @eBoosted collab on the enclosures. Why not do something with tour decks that males them stand out from the crowd whether it be graphics or an interesting shape. Just thoughts.

3 Likes

I think all this input is neat but we’re just echoing what’s already been said.

Unless it hasn’t been said before, we should wait for new pictures(not a ‘spec sheet’ :wink: ) to further comment on this :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes