TelTail Lights (TTL) - Interactive eSkate Lighting System

Sweet. Does this include options for my addressable LEDs like we discussed or not yet?

2 Likes

Yes! This is fantastic!

1 Like

@ShutterShock, @annihil8ted, Thank you for your support! :blush:

@Nuggia, Iā€™ll state what we discussed separately so others can see. I will be getting some new testers, but I will have to see how many new ones Iā€™ll need and how many people expressed interest already before I can say for sure that I can fit you in. Some people say they want to but donā€™t / canā€™t follow through when it comes time, so we will see how it turns out :slight_smile:

@Flasher, support for addressable LEDs is hinging on SW development right now. Now that the v4.0 HW is finished I can start on the next SW improvements which include adding support for addressable LED strips :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is an awesome project, and I cant wait until it is plug and play ready. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

So I have good news and bad news about the v4.0 HW. The good news is that all but one of the new features have been proven-out and function as they should. The bad news is that one feature does not :stuck_out_tongue:

The features that are working propperly are:

• No more blibking of the LEDs on power-up

• Bootloader mode is entered automatically when a USB cable is plugged in

• UART rx and tx are auto assigned based on the ESC that is connected

• 6DOF IMU is communicating

• The A2D module allows the analog side LED outputs to control addressable (APA102 based) LED strips. A demo can be seen below.

The one feature that is not working properly yet is the the horn control. Since I moved the FET controlling the horn onto the Control Module PCB, it causes the micro to reset when it is activated. I need to do some rework of the PCB to make it more robust and able to withstand the noise that is created from the horn switching on/off.

8 Likes

Does the horn control include custom sounds?

2 Likes

Following! Super interesting to buy when finished :blush: thx for your effort!

1 Like

You wont regret the purchase. I can no longer ride at night without the TTL on my board. Cant wait to beta that newer model

3 Likes

Iā€™m the same way. I discovered compass mode after a few months and it blew my mind

1 Like

I definitely want to try out making different tones by PWMing the horn output, but I wont know if that a possibility until I get the horn switching on/off without resetting the micro :stuck_out_tongue:

@Dunmer, @Bobby, @Ace, Thanks a ton for your support! Itā€™s what keeps me motivated to continue improving the project :blush:

3 Likes

@Ricco would the ttl be able to work in conjunction with something detecting movement or speed? Iā€™d like my adressable underglow to have a rolling effect depending on if Iā€™m accelerating or coming to a halt (ie: green when accelerating and rolling to red when coming to a halt)

Example with 3 pixels:
Accelerating
1 on then 2 on then 3 on until they are all lit
Braking
3 turns to red then 2 then 1

Btw received the nice stickersā€¦them be thicc :rofl:

1 Like

La Cucaracha!:rofl:

3 Likes

ā€œthe general leeā€

4 Likes

Yup, the TTL control module has a 6DOF IMU built in and it also reads all the real-time data from the ESC so there are all kinds of possibilities for lighting effects. When I get the v4 HW completed and get you a kit for beta testing, we can work on creating lots of cool modes :smile:

exactly the two in mind! :laughing:

6 Likes

It already does

Wow! Thanks for the update! This is fantastic news and keep up the good work :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Iā€™m up for new hardware,! :smile:

1 Like

What about something like this. Would this work??

9 Likes

That is a very cool brake light solution! Do you know what LEDs you will be using? The TTL system outputs 12v, so as long as the light takes 12v it would work :slight_smile:

P.S. I saw your post on the builders forum. I definitely think some people would want to buy a deck with integrated brake lights :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Ricco did you think of having a high amp 5v rail in the design? Adressables are 5v and can use alot of amps (IE: mine can go to 5.11a)

2 Likes