Tech requests for Jeff from neoONE (Merged Topic)

Fair enough, but im sure you can understand how equally overwhelming it can be when you have dozens of questions fired at you every day.
At the end of the day i suppose its really up to Jeff if he minds, but consider it food for thought

@jeffwuneo maybe make a thread in the future to decide what we would like to be made. (in very far future!)

1 Like

Hello friends :slight_smile: thank you for all words. Is ok for me :slight_smile: we can making many different thing. For motor is ok but need to make at least 50 or is not worth to making.

If you figure out which wanting to make them we can. But because spring festival is close it not be until after.

6 Likes

We not stop working on this :wink: is been making for month now. We share when is ready. Don’t worry :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This would be great! Perhaps you could start a new thread and a poll to determine what the best choice would be?

The most widely used motor would be the wisest. That’s got to be the 6374 right? 150ish kv. Could be feasibly used on both mtb and street.

2 Likes

I think 170 would be more of a happy medium

6 Likes

Maybe some nicer pneumatic hubs or direct drives? If they can get some real hummie level power from 45kv motors, itll give TB/eLofty/cheap Chinese manufacturers a run for their money

Ideally 6" sensored hubs with the same axle mounting system as the neoHubs that would support the super high voltage systems from their ESC

We got TB 6380 170kvs as long as you have an extra 6/12mm

1 Like

The idea of getting @jeffwuneo to make us motors is so we can have a motor that is superior to everyrhing else on the market at a reasonable price :ok_hand:

2 Likes
  1. 100V ESC
  2. 6896 motor
  3. gear drives

I’m my opinion, until there are high-voltage ESCs available and plentiful anything less than 190kv is gonna leave a bunch on the shelf. Short of 16s, I don’t know what I’d do with a 150kv belt drive on a street deck at max 12s.

5 Likes

Im happy with 190

2 Likes

I’d like to find some 220kv 6374s that aren’t hot garbage. That would solve a lot of problems.

9 Likes

Maytech no good?

1 Like

Sealed can only. In the summer in Alabama asphalt they gets hot enough to light a cigar.

4 Likes

A little shorter plus slightly higher kV and just add sensors if desired? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-245kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html

1 Like

I’ve tried SK3s, despite the love people here have had for them I hated them. Bad bearings, garbage cables. I’m sure it was just bad QC, but I’m not willing to try them again until I ride a board that had them that is good. Just my opinion.

5 Likes

We need motors that are more durable/reliable among all other criteria. Reliability is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

An efficiency of a motor has much to do with matching the right motor for the right load. Overloading the motor with too high of a load will kill efficiency no matter how nice the construction is. Your motors should be slightly warm after a ride. Hot to the touch is bad, more could be done gearing wise to increase efficiency.

Using curved magnets would squeeze a few percent of efficiency at the very most. If the price is right, then im in!

I for one would love 150kv 6374s. Running 200kv with a board with a 12t motor pulley is horrible for the life of the belt. Ideally, we should be running 18t motor pulleys at the MINIMUM

8 Likes

While you’re at it @jeffwuneo can you make me taller and happier

14 Likes