TB40 V2 deck Threaded inserts

just checked. nothin! im unlucky tonight lol

for a pack of 5. bruh. are these made of gold? :skull:

1 Like

Aliexpress too slow? It’s waaaay cheaper

1 Like

aliexpress is weird. itll say shipping time is a month wait but the product will be on your doorstep in 3 days :skull: i might have to resort to that tho honestly

1 Like

Ftfy

Saying that. I buy heaps of misc hardware stuff from there. Pretty hard to find otherwise in NZ (and suuper expensive if it’s here)

2 Likes

nobody asked but here is your CAD model of the TB threaded insert
TB 40 threaded insert M5 needs ~11mm drill bit to install .STEP (658.3 KB)

If anyone wants a model they can actually mfg I will learn how to make the outside threads lead in and out like a proper screw.

2 Likes

I got 1/4/20, just send me a PM pay me 10$ for shipping US and it’ll be on the way

1 Like

You can find them on Amazon. Buy the stainless steel ones, they have a higher tensile strength.

1 Like

Ive got no lick finding them on amazon

What are these ones made of?

They look like zinc coated, I think they’re not a million miles weaker than stainless but they’re less weather resistant because it’s a coating instead of the material itself. Much cheaper though, and still metal

Amazon link to similar M5 here (sounds like you’re US)

Also FYI there’s a thread for requesting small stuff like this Wanted items cheap or free

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08DC9GY89/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=A3POLLD6072A5W&psc=1

LIke these…

And these are the screws I buy, for trucks and enclosures. The quality is just out of this world. Never strip, and the torx pattern gives firm fitment when torquing.

Im gunna be using jb-weld to keep the inserts in place. Im not sure the smoothe ones will grip very good

Im kinda worried about the less weather resistance than stainless steel because these will be inserted on the bottom of the board holding up the enclosure

I usually put a drop of epoxy. I have had some of the nickel plated inserts break on boards with a bit of flex. if the battery enclosure is rigid, it will break them. The top collar of the insert is more than enough to hold the box, and lasts longer. Go for the M6 inserts, gives more surface area to bond with the deck. Use the Bauer screwset, and you will be good to go. IMO it gives a better overall finish.

Remember to drill the hole as close as possible to the insert. Put a dab of pan lock on the thread to keep the screw tight.

1 Like

Hmmm… maybe i read you wrong, but these inserts are top mounted… Apologies if I misunderstood.

The value proposition for the Stainless inserts is much better. The price difference is marginal.

1 Like

Just one more cent on this; the nickel coating will scrape off from the top side, and the metal on those nickel coated fixtures is usually softer.

Happy New year!

1 Like

Ah thanks that’s good to know