TB40 V2 deck Threaded inserts

!!!UPDATE: I found the 1/4-20, alternative that you can use. For those curious heres a link https://a.co/d/gFjF2Nh this is a small kit that has 10, 15, and 20mm options!!!

Does anyone have any spare M5 threaded inserts for torqueboards tb40 v2 deck? ones similar to these https://a.co/d/6Scuhrr I would buy these but im not going to spend over 60$ for 20 inserts (all I need are 16 but spares are nice) name your price lmfao

Imperial size: 1/4-20 (this is an alternative that will work with the deck as well)

for those who dont wanna click a link (which is understandable) heres the pic of the insert
413-ts3BlPL.SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp

2 Likes

Is it M5 or 1/4-20?

local hardware store doesnt have them?

i can find most screws i need at ace hardware etc

1 Like

either or works

1 Like

menards, lowes, and home depot near me either have brass versions or ones that are smooth

1 Like

ah, rough

i usually can’t find shit at the big box stores (home depot, lowes etc) but ace hardware in particular is pretty solid if you can find one nearby

4 Likes

I completely forgot ace even existed they’re always tucked away in plazas lmfao. thanks for reminding me!

1 Like

haha fr, worth a try! gl

1 Like

just checked. nothin! im unlucky tonight lol

for a pack of 5. bruh. are these made of gold? :skull:

1 Like

Aliexpress too slow? It’s waaaay cheaper

1 Like

aliexpress is weird. itll say shipping time is a month wait but the product will be on your doorstep in 3 days :skull: i might have to resort to that tho honestly

1 Like

Ftfy

Saying that. I buy heaps of misc hardware stuff from there. Pretty hard to find otherwise in NZ (and suuper expensive if it’s here)

2 Likes

nobody asked but here is your CAD model of the TB threaded insert
TB 40 threaded insert M5 needs ~11mm drill bit to install .STEP (658.3 KB)

If anyone wants a model they can actually mfg I will learn how to make the outside threads lead in and out like a proper screw.

2 Likes

I got 1/4/20, just send me a PM pay me 10$ for shipping US and it’ll be on the way

1 Like

You can find them on Amazon. Buy the stainless steel ones, they have a higher tensile strength.

1 Like

Ive got no lick finding them on amazon

What are these ones made of?

They look like zinc coated, I think they’re not a million miles weaker than stainless but they’re less weather resistant because it’s a coating instead of the material itself. Much cheaper though, and still metal

Amazon link to similar M5 here (sounds like you’re US)

Also FYI there’s a thread for requesting small stuff like this Wanted items cheap or free