TB110 Delam fix (hopefully)

The problem with cyanoacrylate is that it’s a pain in the ass to work with :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Absolutely PITA. It’s come a long way though. The gorilla gel version is decent. Stays where you put it and doesn’t run all over your hands. :palms_up_together:t4:

I’ve tried a bunch of other glues and never been overly successful. Even the ones made for bonding urethane. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Cyanoacrylate hands are the worst.

3 Likes

If you need to bond your skin together tho its :ok_hand:

So the gorilla super glue looks like a good risky alternative that may work better. Will probably mar any exterior surface it touches if you flood too much tho and wiping that stuff makes more marring lol.

2 Likes

I use this shit a ton, but I’ve only tried it on silicone. Which is notoriously hard to bond to. Not sure if it would help with the urethane. There are a lot of adhesion promoters out there, if you look.

The permabond brand states it helps bond to urethane.

3 Likes

Application would be extremely tough in my situation. If the core could be pulled out then this treatment with a brush, then using some glue could be good.

My only option is to flood the space with whatever, that loctite looks like brush on but if it was injected followed with glue I wonder if it would work?

Hopefully what I have will be good enough but I’m not getting my hopes up

2 Likes

But seriously though, i just glued a flap of skin down this afternoon on my buddy’s hand after he tore it open installing a metal door.

Super glue works great for more than bandaid / less than ER accidents. And the heal doesn’t leave a scar.

3 Likes

Yeah funny the liquid bandages are exactly that

3 Likes

This stuff might be worth a shot. Or some other PU construction adhesive.

1 Like

I think they use the cyanoacrylate with modeling right? They have the small tubes on them so you can pry it everywhere

Found it, could be useful

3 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines on something flexible and thin like contact adhesive rubber

1 Like

I’ve used super glue many times for cuts and it’s in every first aid kit I own. Along with duct tape and tampons/pads.

However, I’ve had an emergency physician chew me out over using it. The risk of infection is pretty severe once sealed with super glue. They definitely use it in hospitals but great care is taken to prevent infection.

3 Likes

I noticed the TB wheels don’t use cores with an internal binding ring with holes the urethane is poured through. Can kind of see it in this:

I asked Dex about that and he said it wasn’t a problem. It might be one with a lot of urethane depth…

9 Likes

8 Likes

Could not for the life of me find a picture of an abec core alone lol

5 Likes

booooooom

@ChrisChaput saves the day

4 Likes

Some modeling glues might be cyanoappleberry but in general I believe they are plastic solvents.

7 Likes

Soo I rode on them for about 5 km today and they didn’t delam immediately, on some pretty rough stuff too. I don’t want to be optimistic because I know how this goes, but not bad results so far. Still cold and really windy after wtf snow drop so haven’t wanted to ride much.

3 Likes

Why did Torqueboards not use a core like this?

1 Like

ask labeda wheels, I would guess something to do with their pour or material and the curing process.

or just comfort

4 Likes