TB110: Arctic Blue (Serious)

Are You selling something? :wink:

If you break foamies in, you start to get more contact patch, but then the tread vanishes

1 Like

They’re huge. I’ll check in after I get then installed and do a first ride. I’ll update again after a week or two of riding to work.

Rambo approves.

13 Likes

Rambo is perfect

5 Likes

He says thanks! 9 months 85 lbs hes a monster now.

14 Likes

21 Likes

16 Likes

I didn’t forget about this thread I promise. I ended up buying both the 110’s and some foamies and with the rain its taking me awhile to get enough miles on both so that I can make a realistic review. And it takes me awhile to feel confident on new wheels. I still want more time on both.

I will say that neither the foamies or 110’s are comfortable as pneumatics, I don’t think any urethane wheel ever can be. But these are DAMN close.

The 110’s are amazing, and the freeroll on them is awesome, they truly are the best non pneumatic esk8 wheel I’ve tried yet. They still have that longboard wheel feel and freeroll, which is really important IMO. They make rough roads tolerable to ride on. They perform WAY better than my old green abec 97s. The grip is really good. They feel really great on smooth pavement too, they make that nice butter cutting sound you love to hear when carving on perfect pavement. I’ve beaten them down on some really rough roads around here too and they still look brand new.

The foamies are also great, and i’m glad i got both because they are way different. I’ve loved the foamies for commuting because they do really well on the sidewalk gaps, the thud thud is quieter and if that makes sense. I believe it does better in those situations because its shape, the big long 110’s just have so much contact area for those sidewalk gaps. However, the foamies feel nothing like a normal skateboard/longboard wheel, and the free-roll is noticeably worse than the 110’s. I don’t think they freeroll much better than my air filled tires. They also make a loud whirring sound because of the tread pattern. That beings said the foamies are the closest to pneumatics iv’e felt yet.

17 Likes

Some updates on wear and longevity… these seem to be holding up very well.

18 Likes

it’s not relevant to performance but i am curious - is the haziness on the outside of the wheels road dirt - or is this from the wear on the urethane?

2 Likes

It’s wear on the polyurethane

And one wheel has that slice mark in it, I put a few photos of it. I think in a normal wheel you might not even notice that was there. Probably from rolling over a broken beer bottle or something.

7 Likes

Roughy how many km or miles you have on these bad boy so far?

1 Like

That’s such a hard question. I really don’t know. I’ll toss a guess out and say 500km - 1Mm

I also have some black TB110 (78A) and some other prototypes I am using besides these blue 74A.

4 Likes

That’s good enough for me to guestimate :+1: the thane seems to be holding up really well and also no chipping on the edge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

…and your assessment? difference between TB Artic Blue 74a and TB Black 78a ?

6 Likes

I wanted to see efficiency numbers

for science! :raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

For me, very little. Both excellent.

7 Likes

They are both excellent. If you want longer battery range and longer lasting then try the 78A and if you want smoother ride try the 74A.

5 Likes

My personal experience I’ve got about 350-400 miles on the 74A and I think the 4A make a pretty big difference. It definitely sticks to the ground a lot better and with an AWD setup it’s pretty money.

At higher speeds I notice the most difference 40+mph it still hugs the ground like no other while the 78A sometimes can get a little lose especially when changing direction a little.

But yea you will lose a little top end and range but to me it’s worth it. I like being stuck to the ground lol.

13 Likes

That might be the key differentiator. I have been over 30 as many times as @mmaner has shaved over the last year.

14 Likes