TB110: Arctic Blue (Serious)

I wanted to see efficiency numbers

for science! :raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

For me, very little. Both excellent.

7 Likes

They are both excellent. If you want longer battery range and longer lasting then try the 78A and if you want smoother ride try the 74A.

5 Likes

My personal experience I’ve got about 350-400 miles on the 74A and I think the 4A make a pretty big difference. It definitely sticks to the ground a lot better and with an AWD setup it’s pretty money.

At higher speeds I notice the most difference 40+mph it still hugs the ground like no other while the 78A sometimes can get a little lose especially when changing direction a little.

But yea you will lose a little top end and range but to me it’s worth it. I like being stuck to the ground lol.

13 Likes

That might be the key differentiator. I have been over 30 as many times as @mmaner has shaved over the last year.

14 Likes

I believe that makes you the first person to successfully chunk one of these! Just a small chip I assume, right?

3 Likes

No, substantial. But I was riding at night on pretty varied terrain, not decent pave.

3 Likes

Got a pic?

1 Like

19 Likes

I really wish I had noticed sooner, because maybe I could have glued that chunk back before it flew off. I will glue the section in the second photo, though. Downside of night rides.

8 Likes

Just sharing a thought, unsure on the risk ahead - our fellow mate :wink: helped me lathe down 97mm 98A wheels (not due to chunking but more on wheel bite) on the inner side to a nice clean chamfered edge - it was a resounding success, and for science.

2 Likes

He’s the best.

Hmmm, he said, mulling over the nice possibilities.

2 Likes

This picture makes me sad, how could you :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m a monster.

3 Likes

I think you need to retire from your position. I don’t know if we can trust you anymore.

5 Likes

OMG :open_mouth: first time for everything I guess.

Out of all the TB110 wheels I’ve been trying to tear up, I’ve never been able to do that except on very early prototypes which were never sold or released, before they got the formula down.

6 Likes

Yup, I’m going with freak occurrence, because my black 110s have 6X the miles and not a hint of chunking.

1 Like

you didn’t…?!

5 Likes

Ouch!
Reminds me of those abec 107mm chunks on my friends evolve…

1 Like

Do they really work tho?

I glued my blue cags back then the piece flew away the next day after a 2km ride :sweat_smile:

5 Likes