Taras’s Build Log

Alright here goes my 3rd build, and I’m finally doing a MTB. Realized I’m hitting the trails more often than the streets and my flux just isn’t cutting it. Also it’s 47lbs :rofl: so no jumps on that.

Ordered all the parts, feedback is appreciated. Will update with pictures once it’s built!

Deck: Haero Bro
Battery: 12s8p 30Q from @A13XR3
Motors: Flipsky 6384 190kvs (thanks @CiscoV)
GD: Moons 10/44 straight cut @moon
ESC: Unity with Metr (thanks @CiscoV)
Trucks: Matrix 2s with yellow shockblocks
Hubs: Rockstar 2s black
Bindings: MBS F5
Wheels: Shit Slingers 8” from @Lee_Wright
Remote: Hoyt Puck bamboo (thanks @CiscoV :rofl:)

Question for all you MTB riders, are heel straps worth it/ should I get them? Feel like a bad fall with them will make it worse being locked in to the board.

18 Likes

Placeholder 1

Placeholder 2

Sounds like it’s gonna be a beast!

Hold off on the heel straps until you’re used to front straps. I only use my heel straps when jumping and riding really nasty sharp-turned trails.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s probably a good idea!

What are 8” shit slingers…?

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m not saying my haero build is going to be a direct copy of this

But it might be

3 Likes

:rofl:

No hate

1 Like

I got some mbs matrix II’s for cheaper if you want emm

edit - I’m slow today and should have wrote “rockstar II’s” not matrix - I have hubs not trucks my b

1 Like

Ahh man I already got some haha

How much though

1 Like

wait like maybe I want them :rofl:

1 Like

You can have dibs, I have some haha

1 Like

hahaha sorry for sniping your thread I am sure this build will be great! I wanna try GD sometime but maybe mine will be belts for cheaper price

1 Like

First time going GD, wanted to try it out!

1 Like

I think they’re great for mountainboards because they’re enclosed but at the same time, it feels like they would hit rocks all the time

1 Like

Yeah kinda wish I had a guard for them lol

1 Like

Fucken CiscoV is all over this build. Damn guy :rofl:

Looking good bro :love_you_gesture:t3:

2 Likes

A 72T pulley has an OD of 113mm. The AT Moon Drive has an OD of 105mm and its one of the bigger gear drives out there. Theres some that probably have an OD of 90-95mm

2 Likes

Oh interesting so they probably hit even less than pulleys, minus the width obviously

2 Likes